• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assessment Centre invite - Advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
So, I have a conundrum (like a few others I believe!). In a nutshell and as I don't want to sound like a broken record, I have an issue. I passed all psychometric assessments apart from MMI with SWT back in April 2014 (so 3.5 years ago) and the MMI with Freightliner in October. No I've been offered an assessment centre with my TOC, by because they can't use my assessment passes from over 3-years ago, I'll have to redo all bar the Group Bourden (I redid this to enhanced standard with Freightliner) and MMI (because I passed this in October). Ordinarily I'd just go for it without any hesitation as I still have both lives in tact, especially if I'd had no other offers. Trouble is, DB Cargo emailed the other day to say I'm in a pool awaiting a DMI invite for Junior Driver role. Because DB can use my assessment passes for 5-years, all I have to do is the DMI.

Any advice would be as ever, greatly appreciated! I am also assuming that if I take and fail any part of the assessments I've been invited to, I'll have to wait 6-months to retry, and these fails trump the passes I have on file at the moment, meaning the DMI would be out of the question? Can I even take the assessments I've been invited to since Freightliner/OPC assessed me less than 6-months ago, even though I passed the aspects they assed me on? I will of course check with my HR department, but as everybody knows, sometimes its like getting blood out of a stone!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

Remind us, you failed mmi 3.5 years ago?? So on one hand you have 1 life left and on another hand you got both lives still intact? Is that right?

Stigy

Established Member
Remind us, you failed mmi 3.5 years ago?? So on one hand you have 1 life left and on another hand you got both lives still intact? Is that right?
Apologies, it’s confusing :)

I passed all assesments 3.5 years ago, but didn’t take the MMI then. Then last month I passed the MMI with Freightliner. So basically, if a TOC or FOC allows one to use their test passes for 5 years, I’ve passed them all. If not, I need to retake most.

Well I feel your pain...

I've been told by DB Cargo that any tests I do with them will nullify the ones I took in Feb, so I would assume the same would apply to you.

What isn't clear is how it affects applications already in progress. I asked the question today of HR at a TOC and she wasn't able to answer me as she was new to the job and from outside the rail industry.

Sorry that hasn't really answered your question, but it you manage to get an answer from HR then do let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.