• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Assessment Day Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mally

Hi Desperately looking for help , have reached the Assessment Day for Apprenticeship 2012 and trying to find practice tests for Fault finding and Mechanical reasoning . Network rail directs to SHL but there are none listed on their site...... I have obtained others however have been told from someone that these are not like the SHL tests .......Any help would be appreciated as I really want to prepare for this and Ive hit a brick wall .......Oh yes any other info about what to expect would also be appreciated ie. interview etc .....:Thanks
:roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W230

Established Member
Hi Desperately looking for help , have reached the Assessment Day for Apprenticeship 2012 and trying to find practice tests for Fault finding and Mechanical reasoning . Network rail directs to SHL but there are none listed on their site...... I have obtained others however have been told from someone that these are not like the SHL tests .......Any help would be appreciated as I really want to prepare for this and Ive hit a brick wall .......Oh yes any other info about what to expect would also be appreciated ie. interview etc .....:Thanks
:roll:
Maybe something like this could help? I bought it for my assessment day wiht a TOC to refresh mechanical principles.

Mally

Maybe something like this could help? I bought it for my assessment day wiht a TOC to refresh mechanical principles.

Thanks I did see that book and I have similar one but Im after specific fault finding , as in colours going through switches and you have to determine a fault if any with the output ....

wazzer69

I am in Cumbria and waiting to see if I have been allocated a place for the Assesssment day, passed all the online tests 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear, do you mind me asking how long you had to wait for the email from Network Rail to confirm your place at the Assessement Center?, and which part of the UK are you from?

Thank you my friend, and GOOD luck.

Wayne

Mally

I am in Cumbria and waiting to see if I have been allocated a place for the Assesssment day, passed all the online tests 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear, do you mind me asking how long you had to wait for the email from Network Rail to confirm your place at the Assessement Center?, and which part of the UK are you from?

Thank you my friend, and GOOD luck.

Wayne

I only waited about 4 days but my depot had reached its closing date , your not the only one waiting for a couple of weeks its just depends on depot checkout facebook page and ask them about your depot they are happy to tell you ....Im northumberland ....got my assessment day tomorrow .....Good Luck mate....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.