• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

assessment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg38

Hi I failed a dial test for a tram company in 2017 and a few months ago I failed the shape scatt test.I wasn't aware of the two attempts and your out rule. The women advised me that I can apply again in 6 months but I'll only get one more try and that's when I found out that you only get two attempts. Does that mean I can not apply again ?. For both tests I did not practise as the company did not tell you what tests you have on the day. I have now started to practise online and i seem to be getting pass marks from what I have seen online. Is the two attempts rule just for scatt tests ?. I wish I found this forum alot sooner.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Supertrains19

From what you have posted then unfortunately you will have had your chances until they change the tests and it’s reset, the 6 months is the standard time between driver test fails.

you can still look for a job on the railway though.

good luck

Greg38

I wasn't aware at the time that the dial test was opc, if I contacted opc would they be able to tell me ?

baz962

Established Member
I wasn't aware at the time that the dial test was opc, if I contacted opc would they be able to tell me ?
I would have thought that is it for the tram company. Good news is most if not all heavy rail companies don't use scaat.

Twotwo

Was the dials test the trp part 1? If so then yes you have lost a life. However as far as I know tocs don't do scaat test so you should in fact have a life left.

Greg38

Two two I think the dials test may have been the trp1. I am looking to apply for Freightliner when the 6 months are up, they seem to use the bourdon test, is that not a scatt test ?

Twotwo

Bourdon is dots. Scaat is symbols? So no, not the same. You should have a life left. Apply and they will let you know!

Greg38

Bourdon is dots. Scaat is symbols? So no, not the same. You should have a life left. Apply and they will let you know!
Thanks,I did apply however I am going to have to tell them if they contact me that it's not been 6 months since the last test so the earliest I could take the test again is in January ,it also asks on the application form if I have had two attempts .I think I prefer the bourdon test, two two are you now a driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.