• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

At last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxcars

At last I can enjoy BVE4 like I enjoyed 2.6.3 when I first discovered it. I've just acquired a second computer with a AMD Athlon processor and a 64 Mb NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 graphics card and 768Mb RAM. My fps have almost doubled from what I was experiencing from my integrated graphics. :grin: What a difference!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Always worth getting a good video card.I remember the first computer I had,had a 1mb video card and I was astounded when I upgraded it.Also when I first played Quake it blew my socks off.

LondonBVE

Wow I can't believe GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 can be really good. I am so sick of it that I want to change and now you are saying it is good!

Boxcars

Wow I can't believe GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 can be really good. I am so sick of it that I want to change and now you are saying it is good!

I’m saying that having a GeForce2 MX400 card instead of the integrated graphics on my other computer has improved my framerates in BVE4 from 10-15 fps to 25 fps and more. I get a much smoother ride with far less stuttering but, of course, there’s plenty of room for improvement. I guess it’s just what you’re used to. I’m happy with what I’ve now got (at the moment anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.