• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATAVT Testing and scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ83

I'm just doing a bit of practice of the ATAVT using software I bought from traineetraindriver.org but was curious if anyone knows how its scored?

Do you have to get everything right in the photo? So if a picture had a bike, road sign and car in it would I need to get all 3 right to get a mark, or would I still get something if I said I only seen a bike and car?

The software I got is a good base but its riddled with errors! there are pics where you can see the back of road signs or traffic lights, and im not sure if you should count them or not?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

There’s often quite a lot going on in the pics you see in the test, so I definitely doubt you’re expected to notice everything. I’d be very surprised if I did when I passed it a few years ago, as it certainly didn’t feel that way. :lol:
I think the important thing is to only mark down what you know you saw when the pics flashed up, and don’t assume or guess something was in the pic, as you’d likely be negatively marked for that if you’re wrong.

kevt5034

I'm just doing a bit of practice of the ATAVT using software I bought from traineetraindriver.org but was curious if anyone knows how its scored?

Do you have to get everything right in the photo? So if a picture had a bike, road sign and car in it would I need to get all 3 right to get a mark, or would I still get something if I said I only seen a bike and car?

The software I got is a good base but its riddled with errors! there are pics where you can see the back of road signs or traffic lights, and im not sure if you should count them or not?

silly question but how do you dm on this?

Jon1930

I thought I failed that test but everyone passed, I remember from the 5 things I was telling myself to look out for the smaller things in background like traffic signs and road signs...motor vehicle is big so I knew I'll remember seeing that.

kevt5034

Thanks for that but it appears I need to post a couple replies first lol

I’m new to this, although I’d probably be classed as a forum stalker the last few weeks!

I purchased the same test to be honest and find I score as low as 40% and high as 90% - I select sign for anything I see on a lamppost lol

DunfordBridge

Could anyone hazard a guess as to the location of the roads on this test by traineetraindriver.org? I believe the real test is based on Austrian roads.

kevt5034

Ah I got mine off traineetraindriverinfo.com and the pictures on there are from a variety of countries which is helpful to get your mind actively thinking.

DunfordBridge

That is quite useful! Besides driving on the other side of the road in most foreign countries where the road signs will be sited differently, I note that the Netherlands, for example, had traffic lights on overhead gantries, for example.

Applepie356

Didn’t have practice but still managed to pass. I honestly felt like I was guessing most of the time

JRE

Hi KJ.

I'm practicing at the moment with the same software and I find I can score either really low, or quite high.

Did you ever find out the answer to your question about whether only marking some of the objects per image (and not all of them) would lead to point scoring?

Also, did you pass?

Thanks,

J

Dave19801980

I echo others comments in that you’ll easily notice a car but it’s the small road signs etc that you’ll need to pick up on. It’s almost better to ‘squint’ at the screen...for want of a better word....a general stare at the screen rather than trying to dart your eyes all over the screen in the 1/2 second the image pops up. And I dare say making sure you notice the traffic lights (if there are any) are probably a big score :)

Last edited:

JRE

I echo others comments in that you’ll easily notice a car but it’s the small road signs etc that you’ll need to pick up on. It’s almost better to ‘squint’ at the screen...for want of a better word....a general stare at the screen rather than trying to dart your eyes all over the screen in the 1/2 the image pops up. And I dare say making sure you notice the traffic lights (if there are any) are probably a big score :)
Thanks Dave, it's good advice.

I'll do my best; it's a difficult test. I'd love to know how it's scored. Surely you can't score zero if you don't mark everything in an image.. There has to be some reward for marking -some- of the correct items?

Dave19801980

Therein lies the rub.....we’d all love to know what the pass mark is and how well we scored compared to that....but those figures are always baffling. I’ve asked my company about how I scored and they wont tell me. Good luck with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.