• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Atherstone & Lichfield Station Freight Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

windoze11

Lo
does anyone know what Atherstone & Lichfield is like for frieght and whats the best times please

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon Poole

Lo
does anyone know what Atherstone & Lichfield is like for frieght and whats the best times please

I'm not sure on Atherstone becuase my feet have never touched the platform even know i pass it so many of times, but i been to Lichfield a few times for 5 to ten minutes but i did once and had an afternoon there, it's just like Tamworth Low Level but you get the odd one or two Freight which uses the single line to the high level like the 6K50 Toton to Crewe, even know i've only did the afternoon from half 1 to 5pm, you get a good ammount of freight

Freightmaster

Established Member
I agree with afternoons.:)

Get to Lichfield for 2.15 to see the Barton Dock to Felixstowe GB intermodal,
and either leave at 5.15, or stay later for the evening DRS intermodals and
90/92 hauled Dagenham car train...

MARK

WCML

Was at Tamworth last night awaiting the 20:43 VT service and just before it arrived a really long freighter absolutely hammered it through on the Northbound slow line. Its amazing really the torque of the locos to be able to reach such a speed hauling a long rake of heavy cargo.

Anyone know what loco it was likely to be (wasn't paying much attention until it came roaring past) and where it was going?

Status
Not open for further replies.