• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Atherstone to Birmingham International

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn1975

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding travel between Atherstone (Warks) and Birmingham International.

Firstly is this a valid route?
Atherstone - Tamworth - Birmingham New Street - Birmingham International?

Secondly, what ticket options are available for this route, travelling mid morning on a weekday with a flexible return time on the same day?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Kind regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
... is this a valid route?
Atherstone - Tamworth - Birmingham New Street - Birmingham International?

Yes - it's valid on map WM.

... what ticket options are available for this route, travelling mid morning on a weekday with a flexible return time on the same day?

Here's a full list of fares available.

The off-peak day return has no evening restrictions. It can be used anytime after 9.00am.

boxy321

The quickest way is to Coventry or Rugby then WCML to the airport. Failing that, given the distance I would get a taxi, especially if there's a few of you.

Train £9.80 return via Rugby: 1h 17m. Coming back can be done in 55m!

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The quickest way is to Coventry or Rugby then WCML to the airport. Failing that, given the distance I would get a taxi, especially if there's a few of you.

Train £9.80 return via Rugby: 1h 17m. Coming back can be done in 55m!
This is bad advice; it's not a permitted route to go via Rugby, even though it is often the quickest (but that's a whole separate debate!). Via Tamworth is a similar journey length in either direction and is permitted on the £9.80 Off-Peak Day Return, as SickyNicky says.

Status
Not open for further replies.