• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Atlantic Line (Southern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB25

This route, London Bridge to Victoria via Denmark Hill etc was shut about 6 months before I joined Southern. Is it gone for good, or will Southern ever claim it back? A few people have said it could come back, but I don't know if that is just false rumours etc.

Hardly any kind of tell tale sign either way, but someone did point out there is still a Junction 1 Route Indicator on the signal before Battersea Park on the Down Brighton Slow line.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hwl

Established Member
This route, London Bridge to Victoria via Denmark Hill etc was shut about 6 months before I joined Southern. Is it gone for good, or will Southern ever claim it back? A few people have said it could come back, but I don't know if that is just false rumours etc.

Hardly any kind of tell tale sign either way, but someone did point out there is still a Junction 1 Route Indicator on the signal before Battersea Park on the Down Brighton Slow line.

Anyone got any ideas?

extending P3 at Battersea Park means it is very very unlikely to be joined up again...

Much more likely that Atlantic lines via Stewarts Lane to Vic Eastern happening (e.g. the proposed Vic - Bellingham services that never happened)

redbutton

Anyone got any ideas?

The route indicator is there, but the route is physically blocked by the extended platform. Though I suppose a service could be run from London Bridge to Battersea Park for interchange purposes, it's more likely to be to Vic Eastern as hwl mentioned.

I know what you mean though, drivers tell me those shuttle jobs weren't bad work.

Status
Not open for further replies.