• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATOC Privelige Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestor

One here for the RPI's & Conductors.

I'm a new employee with the above card, can I 'check' ticket prices
and buy online whether booking in advance or on the day before, or
do I have to turn up on the day to purchase Tickets this way?

In other words I wish to view an accurate Ticket price online
using the ATOC Privilege concession, but there is no 'drop down'
discount box for said card.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Can't buy or check prices online. There is no benefit booking in advance as the price is the same on the day.

Use Scotrail telesales if you don't want to buy from a station. Only place I know that issues PRIV tickets remotely.

Get a password for "The Manual" from your employer to look at prices.

If you want to know the price just put the anytime single/return/dayreturn ticket into the search online for the journey you want to make and divide whatever price comes up by 4. Just make sure it is the anytime price.

Established Member
Remember that many Rovers and some Rangers are also 75% off.

Many heritage railways also offer a very good discount.

After a years service you can apply for FIP European passes which enable both free and dirt cheap travel, including very cheap Eurostar and on some Shipping lines.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Also remember that in most cases of long distance travel it is almost certainly cheaper to buy a public rate ticket as though you were a normal member of the public, as opposed to a staff rate ticket. Staff rate tickets are based around the Anytime fares, which are so expensive that even with a discount buying a public rate Advance ticket is normally cheaper if you know when you are travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.