• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATP..... Not Fitted on FGW trains!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeholmes

News this morning, to my horror, stated that (and I quote) "ATP has not yet been introduced to the GWML were the paddington train crash happened"....

:? :? :?

Were do they get there sources from!

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It wasn't? I was sure it was...

Don't believe everything you hear in the media. Or half the rumours spread by some people here (you know who you are ;) ). Most of the time it's BS. 'Malverns HSTs going in this timetable period, up for a meet on it?', which I was, only to find the HSTs are still there, and always will be. Indeed, I did a HST on the route 2 weeks and a bit ago! Then the FW 37s ending in June came about, I ensured I went for them, again they're still running!

The moral of this story? Don't believe everything you hear. I ought to add that I was a firm believer that the HSTs and 37s would stay, I was even offering to wager a token sum on it! I still went, as both routes are not so much fun on your own.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Nice to see the former GWR group management still spreading lies on once credible radio stations.

Met Driver

Established Member
Royalscot said:
Incorrect. TWPS is ineffective where the train passes the red signal protecting a junction at over 70mph – nothing to do with line speed – highly unusual and the throat at Paddington is now well below this. Most SPADs are the result of the driver reacting to double yellow and yellow signals and misjudging the braking approaching the red, with a few yards overun.

I realise that linespeed has no effect over the performance of TPWS. I meant that TPWS would prevent less crashes caused by SPADs where linespeeds were greater than 75, as trains may be travelling at speeds greater than 75.

Status
Not open for further replies.