• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attack on Plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Have been driving through a veritable sea of orange most of this week with what seems to be a major bushwhacking operation by NR. The only downside is it is exposing the vast quantities of rubbish thrown lineside by the 'great' British public (& NR contractors!) I wonder if clearing it will be part of the remit of the vegetation clearance gangs or will it be allowed to blow onto the track and conductor rail?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

absolutelymilk

Established Member

Dr_Paul

Established Member
Talking of Japanese Knotweed, the up side of the embankment on the District Line near Turnham Green has small signs warning of its presence. Any idea why?

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Have been driving through a veritable sea of orange most of this week with what seems to be a major bushwhacking operation by NR. The only downside is it is exposing the vast quantities of rubbish thrown lineside by the 'great' British public (& NR contractors!) I wonder if clearing it will be part of the remit of the vegetation clearance gangs or will it be allowed to blow onto the track and conductor rail?

In the USA they use low risk prisoners to do that sort of stuff - I think it would run foul of the 'elth and safety crowd gov in the UK though.

Trog

Established Member
Talking of Japanese Knotweed, the up side of the embankment on the District Line near Turnham Green has small signs warning of its presence. Any idea why?

Probably to warn staff not to do anything that could spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.