• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attacks on TPE Staff at Cleethorpes

Status
Not open for further replies.

2L70

On Moderation
This came from a Facebook page, I will post the Email when I get it.

There have been 7 attacks on TPE staff at Cleethorpes in the last few months, A Driver and Guard were attacked on the day of the Grimsby v Scunthorpe Football match, and there have been other incidents on the Barton Line and services to Doncaster.

Staff have requested an increase in the security presence at Cleethorpes(usually one very pleasant young lady) but TPE have said no.

It seems that TPE don’t care for the well-being of the staff down there, being miles away from Manchester.

Expecting the same problems a week on Saturday for Scunthorpe v Grimsby, but as it’s not Manchester it won’t matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
As a passenger and stakeholder, I always value our local staff - it upsets me greatly to hear of attacks on such a friendly bunch of people. I do hope that the BTP catch the people responsible and the courts deal with them appropriately.

As for the security, I understood said young lady has now become an RPI, leaving no dedicated security staff. Hopefully the lack of such presence will not lead to further disorder.

LowLevel

Established Member
The RMT are also now kicking off about the fire alarm system fitted to the back office/train crew facilities at the station - IE despite repeated recommendations by an external contractor, there isn't one.

It would appear to be typical TPE neglect of anything away from their core route.

2L70

On Moderation
Station Staff Hours have been Cut at Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Cleethorpes, if you’re leaving Manchester for Work/Leisure at 6pm you’re sometimes walking into the playgrounds of scrotes in these 3 big towns when you get back.

175mph

On Moderation
Station Staff Hours have been Cut at Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Cleethorpes, if you’re leaving Manchester for Work/Leisure at 6pm you’re sometimes walking into the playgrounds of scrotes in these 3 big towns when you get back.
Or rats as I like to call them. ;)

Clip

Established Member
Expecting the same problems a week on Saturday for Scunthorpe v Grimsby, but as it’s not Manchester it won’t matter.

Whilst im not condoning these attacks and i hope whoever it was that done them gets caught im finding it hard to grasp your annoyance at Manchester, over on the other side of the country when mentioning these attacks

Scott M

If they don't care about their branch line routes, why don't they just trim them from their network?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
If they don't care about their branch line routes, why don't they just trim them from their network?
They would be in breach of contract with the DfT and either stripped of their franchise or certainly face financial penalties.

Established Member
Whilst im not condoning these attacks and i hope whoever it was that done them gets caught im finding it hard to grasp your annoyance at Manchester, over on the other side of the country when mentioning these attacks
Because it's where TPE control is, if it doesnt involve Manchester then TPE control dont care.

2L70

On Moderation
Revenue Block at Grimsby tonight, about 5 staff members there(guessing the New Revenue team) also BTP dealing with some ones who were gobbing off at them... happy days

2L70

On Moderation
Idiots on the Barton line again, hope the Crew are okay. 185 booked for that so hope CCTV works

D6975

Established Member
This has supposedly been proposed before (in the case of Doncaster to Cleethorpes).
It has, a reversion to the old Liverpool-Hull service via Hope Valley was proposed a few years ago, but it didn't happen and the franchise requirement remained as Cleethorpes.

Ps A side effect of this would have been the Barton services going to Northern – a sensible change because Donny-Cleethorpes would have gone to Northern.

175mph

On Moderation
That's rather insulting to our furry rodent friends, don't you think? :lol:
In hindsight, yes, sorry if any rats are reading this. ;)

In all seriousness though, it's the insult I also make about the gangs of kids who hang around the bus station (in Scunthorpe) and outside the adjacent cinema, especially at night.

2L70

On Moderation
Fair play to the Guard who held the train during this incident, no doubt no end of threats were made by York/Manchester to take the train forward(was eventually cancelled)

The EMR and TPE services behind were heavily delayed.

tpjm

Fair play to the Guard who held the train during this incident, no doubt no end of threats were made by York/Manchester to take the train forward(was eventually cancelled)

The EMR and TPE services behind were heavily delayed.
“No end of threats” my backside.

When will you stop treating people who work for these TOCs outside of the Driver, Guard or Station roles as some kind of ogres? I don’t know if you work on the railway or not, but I genuinely feel sorry for you if do and you’re this disengaged - might be time for a change?

LowLevel

Established Member
“No end of threats” my backside.

When will you stop treating people who work for these TOCs outside of the Driver, Guard or Station roles as some kind of ogres? I don’t know if you work on the railway or not, but I genuinely feel sorry for you if do and you’re this disengaged - might be time for a change?

Do control rooms lean on you to do things you don't want to do or don't feel comfortable to do? Yes.

Is this sometimes necessary to get you out of an entrenched mental position and back into thinking practically? Also yes.

The skill is in the controller knowing when to stop and some of them do not possess that and act like it's a personal affront that frontline staff are refusing their instructions. The same, of course, also applies in reverse to traincrew taking things personally.

tpjm

Do control rooms lean on you to do things you don't want to do or don't feel comfortable to do? Yes.

Is this sometimes necessary to get you out of an entrenched mental position and back into thinking practically? Also yes.

The skill is in the controller knowing when to stop and some of them do not possess that and act like it's a personal affront that frontline staff are refusing their instructions. The same, of course, also applies in reverse to traincrew taking things personally.
The point was aimed at 2L70’s incessant negativity towards other members of rail staff who may not be front-line. This is not the first thread where I have read comments which are defamatory towards managers (many of whom are ex-frontline).

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Back to topic, these incidents are extremely concerned for everyone who works in this area.

Although the current situation is curtailing these activities somewhat, it remains necessary for the last train from Lincoln to Grimsby on a Saturday to be classified as a dry train with the necessary security and BTP presence (latter where possible). This doesn't always stop the issues, and frankly it can be a very scary experience for the crews working these trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.