• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attempt to cover all lines in TFL oyster area

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

The remit is to travel over all the lines that are shown on the 'London Connection/TFL Oyster card area and have a regular passenger service.and not just pass through a station to complete.but both up/down directions
The one allowance we have given ouselves is that where there are multiple tracks eg Hackney Downs/Liverpool Street and Stratford/LS then any will cover

however there are a couple of 'routes' shown that i am having problems finding services
These are
The Ladywell loop
Slade Green-Barnehurst curve
Slade Green-Crayford loop

Rail planner app doesn't dem to help. Anyone in the know can assist?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Have a look here

http://www.psul4all.free-online.co.uk/2016.htm

e.g. the one I looked up (Slade Green to Barnehurst) reveals "Slade Green Junction - Perry Street Fork Junction (200) WC02
Shown as "limited service" on London & South East schematic map, but has regular service ca. 0800 SuX until 1800 SuX between Barnehurst and Slade Green.|"

Info on the other two routes you mention should hopefully be available there too

postye

The remit is to travel over all the lines that are shown on the 'London Connection/TFL Oyster card area and have a regular passenger service.and not just pass through a station to complete.but both up/down directions
The one allowance we have given ouselves is that where there are multiple tracks eg Hackney Downs/Liverpool Street and Stratford/LS then any will cover

however there are a couple of 'routes' shown that i am having problems finding services
These are
The Ladywell loop

Thanks

Spade Green - Crayford and vice-versa is served by all direct trains from Sidcup - Woolwich Arsenal that do Cannon Street - Cannon Street via Woolwich/Sidcup.

There are generally 2tph in either direction on all days subject to engineering works

mister-sparky

These are
The Ladywell loop

Thanks

all 3 of those are served by 2tph at least off-peak on weekdays, so you should definitely not be having any trouble finding services...

ComUtoR

Established Member
What about the Tonbridge fast loop or both the Chatham loops ?

ComUtoR

Established Member
Orpington isn't in the Tfl Oyster area ? Neither is St Mary Cray ?

ComUtoR

Established Member
I know. I suspect that Busaholic didn't know where those loops were. <D

Veteran Member
What about the Tonbridge fast loop or both the Chatham loops ?

What about via Stewarts Lane? I know it won't be shown on any public map, but it's in the area? Several trains booked UP but only one DOWN if I read PSUL rightly.

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
I know. I suspect that Busaholic didn't know where those loops were. <D

Although isn't the only services which use those loops are peak time services from Cannon Street towards Rochester, which run fast to Rochester after London Bridge (if I'm thinking about the right loops, so many different names around the point where the Chatham main line goes underneath the South Eastern Main Line)

ComUtoR

Established Member
What about via Stewarts Lane? .

Good call.

What about Canterbury Road & Atlantic lines into and out of Vic ?

PSUL ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Although isn't the only services which use those loops are peak time services from Cannon Street towards Rochester,

Which would count as regular services. ;)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
If you are going to add every possible odd move PSUL mentions then why not the regular (but infrequent) SWT services over the District line?

But we don't actually need to go there because the original poster's question clearly defined the problem in terms of lines shown on the Oyster rail services map...

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Up Chatham Loop cannot be done on Oyster PAYG despite being inside the area. Reversible loop is frequently used on engineering weekends, in both directions, with trains calling at St Mary Cray.

Fast Tonbridge Loop can be done on Oyster on several services, the most convenient being the 1940 ex-Victoria weekdays iirc. Trains terminating at Orpington tend to use the Slow Tonbridge (Petts Wood Pfm 3/4).

As the poster above me pointed out, it is straying off topic. Can we open a different thread if people want to discuss PSUL moves in general please?

Status
Not open for further replies.