• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attention all Bve developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hiya.

I will be going into Central London this week via the tube as I have a interview there at 4.30pm so I might as well make a day out of it.

I can get some sounds, only sounds, of trains around the London area between 9.30am and 3.30pm just after and before rush hours.

I will reserve 500mb on my MP3 player/recorder which records at 32kbps. A 2 minute recording is around 600kb, plenty of space!

To hear a few of the D refurb taken earlier this year, click here. (It was busy and I had suddenly thought to do it, so I wasn't prepared as I will be!)

I will make a plan according to what is requested. I will get a 1 day travelcard zones 1 - 6 but will stretch to A, B, C or D if requested. Remember, this includes National Rail services in London such as Thameslink, WAGN etc, which I can also do.

Please post your requests here by tomorrow evening, where I will then reply with my plan and request confirmations.

Cheers,

David

EDIT: If you would like some sounds for personal use, I can add them to the bottom of the list with a I'll see what I can do! Contact me via PM for personal sounds!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Notice: I will be going on Wednesday so please have all submssions in to me by Tuesday evening.

Thanks,

David

P.S. Where are the best places to get a 444 and 455 thats within the travelcard limit?

No problems with the requests so far!

Met Driver

Established Member
London Tube said:
P.S. Where are the best places to get a 444 and 455 thats within the travelcard limit?

The only place you'll be able to get a 444, in that case, is between Waterloo and Clapham Junction. 455s operate out all of the 3rd rail termini regularly (apart from Blackfriars) and serve a variety of stations within the travelcard zones.

The Snap

Established Member
How kind of you to do this David! :D Er, could I please have some JLE sounds from between Green Park and Stratford please. IF ou can't, don't worry. :D
Thanks,

Dave A

Seth said:
London Tube said:

The only place you'll be able to get a 444, in that case, is between Waterloo and Clapham Junction. 455s operate out all of the 3rd rail termini regularly (apart from Blackfriars) and serve a variety of stations within the travelcard zones.

Thats great, I'll be heading to CJ anyway. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "point sounds". Is it the sound in the cab when the train goes over a set of points?

T

Tom

One 444 an hour calls at Surbiton, the final station until you are outside travelcard limits.

Harold

London Tube said:
Seth said:
London Tube said:

Thats great, I'll be heading to CJ anyway. Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "point sounds". Is it the sound in the cab when the train goes over a set of points?

Yeap. If you can't get the point sounds, don't worry.

Julian G

Established Member
actually 444 and 450 do rattle over the points when they speed past platform 9 at Clapham Junction
but if you want to get sound of them i advise you to go to the London end of platform 6 if you want to get good pointwork sounds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.