• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

headshot119

Established Member
Is the ATW 121 still being used on the Bay shuttles. I'm in Cardiff on the 8th of June so wouldn't mind a ride on it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
As you would find if you had read the other threads about the ATW class 121 it has become a bit hit & miss to be honest unlike chilterns class 121's which seem to be more reliable. Although I suppose the ATW class 121 does get worked harder shuttle back & forth.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
As you would find if you had read the other threads about the ATW class 121 it has become a bit hit & miss to be honest unlike chilterns class 121's which seem to be more reliable. Although I suppose the ATW class 121 does get worked harder shuttle back & forth.
Bubbles makes 5 round trips in an hour, each leg of just 3 minutes duration. This is over a 16 hour day and does not allow it to get a run between changing gears thus putting a tremendous strain on the gear box and doing it no good. Absences have been more frequent of late and it can sometimes be absent for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.