• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[ATW] Class 37 Special to Crewe Works Open Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy54.gen

SPECIAL TRAINS TO CREWE WORKS OPEN WEEKEND

Arriva Trains Wales will be running locomotive hauled special trains to Crewe for the Crewe Works Open Weekend 2005, taking place on the 10 and 11 of September.

On both days, Arriva Trains Wales will run a Cardiff to Crewe special train hauled by a Class 37 locomotive departing Cardiff Central at 6.50am (Sat) and 10.50am (Sun) and returning from Crewe at 5.40pm (Sat) and 5.50pm (Sun).

The aim of the open weekend is to provide railway enthusiasts, their families and friends with an interesting and enjoyable day out at the historic railway site. At the same time the event will raise money for charitable causes.

The weekend spectacular signals the arrival in the railway town of over 20 preserved steam locomotives and 30 plus heritage diesel vehicles. Many of the locomotives are representative of types originally built at ‘the works’ and collectively the exhibits will form Europe’s most prestigious ever railway event.

RAIL magazine readers can take advantage of a two-for-one offer on a wide range of tickets to Crewe. Details of the offer along with full terms and conditions can be found in the 17 August issue (No 520) of RAIL magazine, along with the coupon needed to take advantage of the offer.

On the Saturday only, Arriva Trains Wales is also offering a 9.53am Crewe to Blaenau Ffestiniog return special, providing a rare Conwy Valley Line trip with a Class 37.

Tickets for the Crewe to Blaenau Ffestiniog return special must be pre-booked by calling 02920 720537.

For more information about the Crewe Works Open Weekend 2005 please go to http://www.creweopendays.co.uk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yes, the coupon says it can only be done at ATW-managed stations too! No problem for me, I've got....40 to choose from!

HSTfan!!!, if you read this, SMS me pronto. The 37 MUST be pre-booked, and I ain't missing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.