• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Club 55 autumn 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis

The Club 55 offer is on again this autumn with ATW at a price of £26 (return)
or £25 with a Senior Railcard.
There hadn't been a lot of publicity about this. We are already half way through the validity period.
Some of the booking sites don't show up the £25 or £26 fare, though it can be bought walk-up at ticket offices. "Cheaper fares are available ....not on Fridays" doesn't seem to show up either.
See https://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/Club55/
From Manchester Piccadilly the Club 55 fares to South Wales show up OK, but from Newton-le-Willows, they don't appear at all in my attempts at least. Yet NLW is shown on the ATW map.
Ticket restrictions
ATWCLUB
CLUB 55 ANY DAY
DESCRIPTION
Club 55 Anyday
OVERVIEW
By popular demand, Arriva Trains Wales has returned Club 55. This is a fare promotion targeted at the over 55 market.
TRAIN OPERATOR
Travel between any 2 stations on the Arriva Trains Wales network is GBP26.00 (or GBP25.00 with a valid Senior or Disabled Railcard), which is valid for travel on any day of the week. Cheaper fares are available, provided both legs of the journey take place on days other than Fridays. Add-ons are available with selected partner train companies at an additional charge.
VALIDITY
The promotion will run from the 6th September 2017 - 1st Novemeber 2017. Return within 8 days.
DISCOUNTS
No further discounts are available with this product
From the FAQ page:
Who can travel with an Arriva Club 55 ticket?
Anyone aged 55 and over can travel with an Arriva Club 55 ticket. Just remember to carry proof of age when you travel as you may be requested to show this during your journey. We only accept valid, original documents from the following list: passport, driving licence, Senior Railcard or birth certificate. Bus passes are not accepted. Customers who are unable or refuse to provide proof of age on request will be required to purchase a new ticket as if no Arriva Club 55 ticket is held at the full standard fare. No credit will be given for the Arriva Club 55 ticket originally issued.
When can I travel using an Arriva Club 55 ticket?
Arriva Club 55 tickets are a special offer and only available for sale and travel from Wednesday 6th September 2017. Outward travel is only permitted on the date shown on the ticket. The return journey must take place within 8 days, the first day being the outward travel date printed on the ticket. The last day of sale and outward travel will be Wednesday 1st November 2017 inclusive. All return travel must be completed by Wednesday 8th November 2017.
Where can I travel?
You can travel throughout the Arriva Trains Wales network (blue coloured routes on the map overleaf) on Arriva Trains Wales services only. In addition, travel can be made on the services of specific rail operators only on the purple, green, orange, and dark green coloured routes shown on the map overleaf. Payment of the applicable ‘add-on’ fare will be required. Add-on fares are only available in conjunction with the purchase of an Arriva Club 55 ticket and cannot be sold separately. Add-on fares are only available to customers extending their journey off the ATW network.
Where can I buy an Arriva Club 55 ticket?
Arriva Club 55 products are available to buy from any rail station ticket office (during opening hours) and online at www.arrivatrains.wales/55. Only where there is no opportunity to buy prior to travel, tickets may be purchased from staff on-board trains.
Are there any restrictions on use?
Yes. Travel using a Club 55 ticket is not permitted before 0930 Monday to Friday. There are no travel restrictions on Saturday or Sunday. Travel is not permitted on services arriving into London Marylebone before 1000, or departing from London Marylebone between 1600 and 1900 (Monday-Friday). Travel is not permitted using Arriva Club 55 tickets for journeys to/from or via Cardiff on Saturday 28th October due to a major sporting event taking place in Cardiff.
Do I need to book in advance?
No, you can buy on the day of travel. Arriva Club 55 tickets can also be bought in advance of your departure date at any time within the offer period. You must buy before boarding any train where facilities exist for you to do so.
Can I break my journey?
Yes, break of journey is permitted with your Arriva Club 55 ticket. Any break of journey must be consistent with the travel dates and restrictions applicable to the ticket purchased.

Where can I get more information?
www.arrivatrains.wales/55.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Ranger

The ATW Club 55 offer was posted on the Special Offers Discussion thread on 16th September 2017. TPE also have a Club 55 offer at the moment.

Francis

The ATW Club 55 offer was posted on the Special Offers Discussion thread on 16th September 2017. TPE also have a Club 55 offer at the moment.

Thanks. Now I know where to look in future. However it didn't show up when I tried to search the forum for ATW club 55 Autumn 2017. I had checked first.

Status
Not open for further replies.