• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW DIESEL FEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrocammel

Sunday 4 December is to be a special day for railfans on the Rhymney line with all trains 37-worked as a farewell event. Arriva say:

'Sunday 4 December 2005 will see hourly special farewell trips between Cardiff and Rhymney calling at Bargoed, Ystrad Mynach and Caerphilly using at least five different locomotives. As well as trips aboard [sic] Class 37 locomotives familiar to the route, special trips will be offered on a wide range of locomotives including a Class 31, a Class 33, a Class 47/8 and a Class 50 - presenting a rare treat for loco enthusiasts.

'The majority of the trains will be formed of a locomotive at each end of four air conditioned coaches, with the exception of the first two trains from Rhymney and final three from Cardiff which will run single engine only. Locomotive haulage has been used on the busy Cardiff to Rhymney commuter route for a decade. Improved journey times introduced by Arriva's 'Standard Pattern Timetable' will mean that locomotive services will be replaced by multiple vehicle units from December 2005, increasing seating available from approximately 210 to 280 seats.

'Tickets for the farewell special trips cost £10 return or £20 for an all day rover, with a 50 per cent discount for children. No other tickets will be available on these services."

From " 'page27', North Wales Coast site"

Ta, JPALMZ-METCAM.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A meet has been proposed but it's pretty much pointless if going from the North of England due to the huge time it will take to get there on a Sunday :(

doubt if i will go as i expect as has happened in the past with a lot of last days there will be members of the idiot squad out who will insist on seeing how much they can drink perhaps arriva will do the decent thing and have a no drinks ban on the trains

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Beaker said:
you mean a drinks ban

Not a no drinks ban as that is a ban on not having drinks which means having drinks

what are you on about :?

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
what hes trying to say is 'no drinks ban which if you read it says a ban for no drinks...get it now?

anyway ill be coming along for this no doubt, i like the sound of the traction turning up!

Sprog

Established Member
Me, a freind Jamie (50149) and some members of another forum (railchat.co.uk) are arranging a meet at Cardiff Central on the 4th.

37s and apparently 47s and 50s on the line that day!

Anyway, might see you up there. Im deffinatly going, no question. Rhymny Line rover is pretty dear, buts its worth the cost. Im localish, Yate nr. Bristol, so i can get there with relitive ease. :)

i will most likley go on the last day on december 10th instead bet they will have security all over the station that day as theres a gig on as well :? i expect as usually! they will insist on everybody queing up for hours for a train even if your on the station! <(

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That doesn't usually happen when there's football on, a much larger event, so I can hardly see it happenning for a music concert, I've had no issues walking around the station.

one shall be ok then one was just a bit concerned as one has never actulley used the station when theres been an event on at the stadium its shall be a sad two days for me! then last rites for routemasters on 159 the day before and then last rites for 37s the day after time to give up and grow old i think :D
am i the only over 21 male in the yee old england not to have ownership of a mobile phone device! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.