• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Drivers Cardiff and Valleys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Quick question for those in the know - which routes do ATW drivers sign from Cardiff Central on the Valley lines, and which traction types (from memory will be 142s, 143s and 150s only?).

TIA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pwharley

Drivers will also be passed out on 153s, which are used on the Cardiff Bay and Coryton branches.

Established Member
Completely forgot about the 153s, last time I used the Cardiff Bay services the Bubble car was still in use.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
Drivers are also I believe learning 158 & 175 for moves onto Canton depot/Cardiff west (although that may well change by resigalling). As has already been said 142/143/150/153 are the main traction as it stands.
Routes for Valleys are Treherbert/Merthyr/Aberdare/Rhymney/City Line/Coryton/Bay/Penarth/Barry Island + Canton depot & Rhymney/Treherbert sidings
Barry-Bridgend is covered by Cardiff Mainline, as are Ebbw Vale and Maesteg

craigybagel

Established Member
Drivers are also I believe learning 158 & 175 for moves onto Canton depot/Cardiff west (although that may well change by resigalling). As has already been said 142/143/150/153 are the main traction as it stands.
Routes for Valleys are Treherbert/Merthyr/Aberdare/Rhymney/City Line/Coryton/Bay/Penarth/Barry Island + Canton depot & Rhymney/Treherbert sidings
Barry-Bridgend is covered by Cardiff Mainline, as are Ebbw Vale and Maesteg

Correct on the Valleys drives learning 158s and 175s for depot moves - although I'm not sure if it's just Cardiff Valleys or whether the much smaller depots at Rhymney and Treherbert are learning them as well.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Drivers will also be passed out on 153s, which are used on the Cardiff Bay and Coryton branches.

And one trip to Barry Island in the early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.