• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Free saturdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
Source The Railway Centre
The Railway Centre said:
The kids may be back at school and autumn is drawing in but one train operator is hoping to extend that holiday feeling this September. Arriva Trains Wales is launching a special promotion where accompanied kids can travel free on all its trains on Saturdays in September.

The new ‘Kids go free’ promotion allows each adult travelling with a valid ticket to take up to two children under 16 on the same journey for free.

Gillian Bell, head of marketing for Arriva Trains Wales, said: “This new ticket is good news for day-trippers. It’s designed to help families enjoy a day out with the kids and take advantage of the many destinations and family attractions that our network in Wales and the border counties has to offer. “Possible days out include Saturday at the beach, visiting a tourist attraction or getting out and about in the country. We hope this travel promotion will help make the summer last just that little bit longer for families across our network.”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lesjordans

Doesnt Scotrail have that anyway? family fundays or something?

A railcard works out cheaper

Julian G

Established Member
I think this is a very good idea, this will prevent the Families taking the Car to their destinations!

Nick W

Established Member
I think this is a very good idea, this will prevent the Families taking the Car to their destinations!

That's just what I was thinking.

Now a family of 2 adults and 3 children will find it cheaper by railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.