• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW/Keolis Amey Wales stock shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiff123

Established Member
Whilst the 170s will probably stay in the South to minimise the number of crew needed to train on them, the 170s are much better suited to West Wales - Manchester/Holyhead services than the 150s that often show up on those routes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Whilst the 170s will probably stay in the South to minimise the number of crew needed to train on them, the 170s are much better suited to West Wales - Manchester/Holyhead services than the 150s that often show up on those routes.

They can't replace the 150s because they are not supposed to be there

anamyd

On Moderation
Short Term Planning as compared to a LTP (Long Term Planning). Easily described as a special movement
OK, thanks :) I wonder why the 153s delivery was different and I was able to have the schedule in good time to record "that video"...? GWR and GA doing things differently...? I think I'll just go to Cardiff as early as I can on Saturday and hope I don't miss the 2 170s being delivered.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
OK, thanks :) I wonder why the 153s delivery was different and I was able to have the schedule in good time to record "that video"...? GWR and GA doing things differently...? I think I'll just go to Cardiff as early as I can on Saturday and hope I don't miss the 2 170s being delivered.

It all depends when the movement is definite and when a path is offered up to Network Rail. If the movement is Saturday it should be in the system by close of play Friday.

anamyd

On Moderation
It all depends when the movement is definite and when a path is offered up to Network Rail. If the movement is Saturday it should be in the system by close of play Friday.
what does close of play mean...? thanks though, will keep checking :)

anamyd

On Moderation
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/K62155/2019/09/01/advanced

Could this be said path or is it a path to transfer an Anglia DVT for an exam. Although I rarely believe Dvts have been transferred via this route.
170s are pathed as 158s at 100mph so that bit's right, though the date is showing as Sunday rather than Saturday and the service number has "FRGT" in it and is going to Canton Pullmans rather than Cardiff Canton Sidings. Good find either way!

Last edited:

Bob Price

Saw that on Richards Twitter and looked for the path, thanks for finding it. If I can get down Sunday pm I will share photos.

Bob Price

Notice as well the paths for testing from Long Marston to Morton in Marsh then back and fore to Evesham. Do we know if this is the TfW 230, if it is testing (are they using the reserved paths) and if anyone has any photos yet?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
170s are pathed as 158s so that bit's right, though the date is showing as Sunday rather than Saturday and the service number has "FRGT" in it and is going to Canton Pullmans rather than Cardiff Canton Sidings. Good find either way!

If they are going to Pullmans there will be some work to be done.

DavidGrain

Established Member
It is listed as running under its own power but I am sure no one has signed for both traction and that long route. Does anyone have any idea of how it will be crewed?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
It is listed as running under its own power but I am sure no one has signed for both traction and that long route. Does anyone have any idea of how it will be crewed?

Freight Company or ROG Drivers or whoever is selected by ROSCO which is the norm for such movements. They will be in between TOCs so no TOC reponsibility

Mrs. Fortescue

On Moderation

You’re brave, going into Cardiff Central on the train on a rugby day. Central will be packed!

anamyd

On Moderation
I really hope I can catch it on Sunday because I'm paying a fair fare (even with my Railcard discount and split tickets) for my return journey ("long way round" Cardiff-Aberystwyth on trains) :p (the bus leaves before the delivery is due to come through)

Last edited:

Chris217

Talking to a mate of mine this morning at TfW.
He says Pacers will still be in service on the Valley lines in the new year!
And here's me planning a Pacer farewell tribute on youtube lol.

Cardiff123

Established Member
Talking to a mate of mine this morning at TfW.
He says Pacers will still be in service on the Valley lines in the new year!
And here's me planning a Pacer farewell tribute on youtube lol.
Whilst that might be the gossip amongst Valleys crews, it'll be totally denied by officials at TfW until the last minute

tomwills98

Whilst that might be the gossip amongst Valleys crews, it'll be totally denied by officials at TfW until the last minute

Possibly the smaller services that would benefit from a pacer, such as Queen Street to the Bay and Coryton to Radyr that see more than a fair share of 153's, but nothing confirmed yet.

DavidGrain

Established Member
I really hope I can catch it on Sunday because I'm paying a fair fare (even with my Railcard discount and split tickets) for my return journey ("long way round" Cardiff-Aberystwyth on trains) :p (the bus leaves before the delivery is due to come through)

Unless you particularly want to see it on Welsh soil, a trip to Birmingham might be cheaper. You could see it on the Cross City Line at Kings Norton, Northfield or Longbridge but I would suggest Barnt Green as it will be running on the fast line at the other stations and a local could get in your way looking from the platform.

anamyd

On Moderation
Unless you particularly want to see it on Welsh soil, a trip to Birmingham might be cheaper. You could see it on the Cross City Line at Kings Norton, Northfield or Longbridge but I would suggest Barnt Green as it will be running on the fast line at the other stations and a local could get in your way looking from the platform.
Not a bad idea, but I'll politely decline :)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I suspect any Pacers remain g in service will be a few kept for shorter routes like the Cardiff bay line etc

There are not many. Cardiff Bay as you say and 3 for Radyr to Corytons. 2 of these 4 jobs will want to remain as 153s I should think.

Status
Not open for further replies.