• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW/Keolis Amey Wales stock shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.

krus_aragon

Established Member
All great news, but they are still silent on the 769s
Indeed, one can infer a bit from the fact that TfW are able to announce the start of crew training (and reiterate a expected in-service date) for the 170s, but haven't been able to do that for the 230s or 769s yet. If they had such good news ,you'd expect them to crow equally loudly about it.

Still, who knows what next week will bring...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Indeed, one can infer a bit from the fact that TfW are able to announce the start of crew training (and reiterate a expected in-service date) for the 170s, but haven't been able to do that for the 230s or 769s yet. If they had such good news ,you'd expect them to crow equally loudly about it.

Still, who knows what next week will bring...

A TFW Tweet today states that crew training has started on a 769 so assume static training

krus_aragon

Established Member
A TFW Tweet today states that crew training has started on a 769 so assume static training
I haven't seen that tweet, but I guess that it's in reply to a query as opposed to a press release.

I don't mean to be a naysayer or doom-monger, I'm just observing that TfW haven't been able to share the same good news as for the 170s yet.

Adlee Turner

This is the tweet in regards to crew training for Flex trains from TfW Twitter

Attachments

• F3457334-637C-45E4-B5C4-A2F7B7FEB711.jpeg
    F3457334-637C-45E4-B5C4-A2F7B7FEB711.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 114

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I haven't seen that tweet, but I guess that it's in reply to a query as opposed to a press release.

I don't mean to be a naysayer or doom-monger, I'm just observing that TfW haven't been able to share the same good news as for the 170s yet.

They have according to a Tweet today

The 170s are not planned to be in service until December, driver training is scheduled to begin on 16 September. Once the units are in service they will help with the overall resilience of our fleet ^Joy

krus_aragon

Established Member
They have according to a Tweet today
You may have misread me (or I may not have been clear): I was saying that there was a press release about the 170s, and that there hadn't been a similar announcement for the 230s/769s (as I had said in a previous post).

I don't mean to be a naysayer or doom-monger, I'm just observing that TfW haven't been able to share the same good news as for the 170s yet
(Now with added emphasis. :) )

And now you and Adlee Turner have brought TfW's twitter message on the 769s to my attention. My thanks again to both of you for that.

I look forward to more good news about rolling stock in the forthcoming weeks...

RealTrains07

Established Member
The recent issue of Modern railways i think had a bit on the TfW 769 units. Mentioned the predicted entry into service and crew training

Mrs. Fortescue

On Moderation
On 175111 into work this morning and it’s late with an engine out.

3rd 175/1 I’ve been on in a month running with an engine out.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
For the avoidance of doubt discussion of TfW's 170s should now continue in this thread and discussion relating to TfW's 769s should continue here therefore this thread is now locked as the primary topics of discussion already have their own dedicated threads.

If, in the future, there is more to be said about acute shortages of rolling stock on the TfW franchise then consideration can be given to reopening this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.