• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Marches timetable amendments

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
I noticed yesterday the Marches services are operating an amended service. There were no Holyheads just the Manchesters calling at all stations Newport-Shrewsbury.

What is the reason for this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Engineering work Newport-Cardiff. Only 2 of the 4 lines between those stations are open, so fewer trains can run through. In addition to the Holyhead-Cardiffs terminating at Shrewsbury, the Cardiff-Ebbw Vales are running to Newport instead of Cardiff, and the FGW Taunton-Cardiffs are terminating at Newport.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Yes I noticed the latter two points but couldn't work out the Marches! Cheers :)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
It has been a total nightmare for me! I didn't even notice until yesterday that the Cardiff to Holyhead services were only running Shrewsbury to Holyhead! Luckily the works finish on Saturday so hopefully all will be back to normal!!

sonic2009

Established Member
The only Holyhead service running is the 67 & Coaches service, Retimed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.