• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW olympic extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
Not seen this posted on the forum yet although I do apoligise if someone already has:

Wed/Thur 25/26 July

ADDITIONALS:
2231 Cardiff - Holyhead (arr 0354!) via Crewe, 67+load 6 (NO buffet/FC)
0030 Cardiff - Shrewsbury (unit)

Wed/Thur 1615 ex Cdf will be a unit
Thur/Fri southbound 0532 ex Hhd 67+ load 6 with (NO Buffet/FC)

That said I thought the 00:30 was a normal timetabled service that ran to Hereford on weekdays forming the 05:35 Hereford - Pembroke Dock/Fishguard Hbr service the next day and to Shrewsbury on a saturday night/sunday morning?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I would imagine so, as they are only on a specific date or dates. Though I haven't checked if they correspond to fixtures.

anthony263

Established Member
yes they are for the fixtures at the millenium stadium.

I am glad I am not using the train to get to/from work later this week although the m4 could be busy

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Not seen this posted on the forum yet although I do apoligise if someone already has:

Wed/Thur 25/26 July

ADDITIONALS:
0030 Cardiff - Shrewsbury (unit)

Wed/Thur 1615 ex Cdf will be a unit
Thur/Fri southbound 0532 ex Hhd 67+ load 6 with (NO Buffet/FC)

That said I thought the 00:30 was a normal timetabled service that ran to Hereford on weekdays forming the 05:35 Hereford - Pembroke Dock/Fishguard Hbr service the next day and to Shrewsbury on a saturday night/sunday morning?
Merely extended from Hereford to Shrewsbury. The unit has plenty of time to run to Shrewsbury and back to Hereford and for train crew break. There id no service Saturday night/Sunday.

SprinterMan

Established Member
The overnight CDF-HHD should be a regular train IMO, only would need a 153 or something but would be really useful for residents of Bangor and ferry passengers if there is an early ferry. Doing it with a 67 and 6 Mark 2s is pretty damn cool though :P
Adam :D

anthony263

Established Member
I know in fact I may book a day or two off work so I can do a bit of nightime bashing from Cardiff up to Hoplyhead before catching the 1st train from Holyhead back to Cardiff at around 04:30

Chester025

Wed/Thur 25/26 July

ADDITIONALS:

Allocated 150213/251. Interestingly though however the 1615 Cardiff - Holyhead isn't shown as running tonight.

EDIT: 67003 reported on 1W91 this evening. National rail enquiries still doesn't show the train as running.

Last edited:

D1009

Established Member
I know in fact I may book a day or two off work so I can do a bit of nightime bashing from Cardiff up to Hoplyhead before catching the 1st train from Holyhead back to Cardiff at around 04:30

When trains were more interesting I used to do that sort of thing AND go to work !

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
The following are both shown as being 'Loco Hauled' on Saturday, I think it's 99.9% certain that only one of them will be though.

0807 Holyhead - Cardiff: http://rail.staging.swlines.co.uk/schedule.php?uid=V21984&date=2012-08-04

1308 Holyhead - Cardiff: http://rail.staging.swlines.co.uk/schedule.php?uid=V21985&date=2012-08-04

Pity they wont go via Wrexham like the Rugex did. Anyhow it would be a good try-out for the DVT. However Crewe will soon be a route in the past for ATWs 67/DVT from September

richw

Veteran Member
2012 is also a banned word apparently! Seen an article with words and word combinations that are banned. Some of the combos are ridiculous - gold medal being one example!

telstarbox

Established Member
The sad thing is the word Olympic is banned to ATW, how silly.

Bob

It isn't, despite the silly restrictions. ATW can easily put "Extra trains for the Olympic Games" on a poster or website if they want. The law says:

London Olympic and Paralympic Games Act 2006 said:
List A contains the words Games, Two Thousand and Twelve, 2012 and Twenty Twelve. List B contains the words London, Medals, Sponsor, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Use of any two words in list A or any word in list A with one or more of the words in list B is not permitted.

so ATW couldn't say "Have a G*ld 2012 with ATW" for example.

Arriva158

002+003 worked 1W71 currently running 47 late at Shrewsbury due to an "unusually large passenger flow! :roll:

The Informer

002+003 worked 1W71 currently running 47 late at Shrewsbury due to an "unusually large passenger flow! :roll:

Its just thrashed past, didn't look that busy but it was going like the clappers!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

So what's working the other special then? I hear 2 of them are running and the last one is via Wrexham.

Status
Not open for further replies.