• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Premier Service Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxqueenies

Apologies if this has already been covered - I'm currently planning a ALR for the end of September and was aiming to take the Premier Service from Cardiff to North Wales. I did this last year and it left Cardiff at 16.15

It shows as still been there in the National Rail site in August but no longer there at end of September - has this been withdrawn or retimed ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Apologies if this has already been covered - I'm currently planning a ALR for the end of September and was aiming to take the Premier Service from Cardiff to North Wales. I did this last year and it left Cardiff at 16.15

It shows as still been there in the National Rail site in August but no longer there at end of September - has this been withdrawn or retimed ?

There are about a million posts on here about this wretched train.
It is retimed to 1815 from 15 September, and runs via Wrexham to Holyhead.
Nobody is completely sure about the level of catering.

The 1615 still runs but it is a DMU and runs to Chester via Crewe.

bnm

Established Member
Northbound WAG Express with restaurant/1st alledgedly at 1821 from CDF? And going nowhere near Crewe?

With the 1615 ex CDF retimed to 1621 and also going nowhere near Crewe. Via Wrexham General and terminating at Chester.

Perhaps....

Who knows with ATW, they seem to making a complete Horlicks of their timetable at the moment.

Michael.Y

Established Member
Voyagerdude travelled this train the other evening and, apparently, has got confirmation that the restaurant service and 1st Class accommodation will continue.

The reason it's going nowhere near Crewe is due to the advent of the DVT, which means it can run, as all other CDF-HHD trains do, via the Chester/Shrewsbury line via Wrexham due to the reversal at Chester.

Services to Crewe will remain with the hourly Manchester trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.