• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW 'Real Trains'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Respite

Lovely shots there,those 50's get everywhere now which of course is very good news.

I've also noticed loads of 60's around Newport/Cardiff way lately & still on workings up to shrewsbury/crewe/chester.Miles better than the endless line of sheds!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I've also noticed loads of 60's around Newport/Cardiff way lately & still on workings up to shrewsbury/crewe/chester.Miles better than the endless line of sheds!

Saw 6 alone yesterday between newport/cardiff.

60029 60046 60059 60062 60065 and 60093!

All required except 60065 8)

Top shots Jonathan, I'm looking for those photters who (I hope) caught me flailing behind 37406 8)

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Thanks everyone for the comments, I hope to return to Gatcombe in 2 weeks time for 37s on the shuttles
I'm looking for those photters who (I hope) caught me flailing behind 37406 8)

I don't think many people were after the 37s in the morning as it was a bit of a last minute thing so most people seemed to be after the 50s and the weather was rubbish in Wales I heard...

Respite

Top shots Jonathan, I'm looking for those photters who (I hope) caught me flailing behind 37406 8)

Ditto to that for anyone who might have decided to take a picture of lesser forms of traction that day,in otherwords anyone who may of taken pictures of 158's.As I went past loads of photters driving 158859 Cardiff to Shrewsbury that morning.

Oh & Jamster I saw 60070 last wednesday (think it was 60070,ex coal sector with EWS sticker over the black diamonds,although cab door coal sector stickers were still there),it passed me at newport,then I passed it on the fast lines to Cardiff,then it passed me again whilst I was at Cardiff central. :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
I don't think many people were after the 37s in the morning as it was a bit of a last minute thing so most people seemed to be after the 50s and the weather was rubbish in Wales I heard...

I was on the one from newport-cardiff around 11am-ish.

Weather was rubbish actually! Windy and the sun f**ked off around 1pm I think!

Good they were after the 50s cos well, they are the better loco in my unbiased view 8)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Ditto to that for anyone who might have decided to take a picture of lesser forms of traction that day,in otherwords anyone who may of taken pictures of 158's.As I went past loads of photters driving 158859 Cardiff to Shrewsbury that morning.

859.. 859.. nope I didn't see that one!!
Mainly 96x-series hybrids and the odd 7 series ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.