• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Track Access Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Why does the WAG train stop at so many stations now? It'snot really an express anymore is it. Aside from Prestatyn it does all the normal stations on the coast.
Adam :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
Perhaps something like "the All-Purpose ATW Discussion Thread"

I'd be happy with that (and a general thread for a few other "regular" topics, like Pacer replacement and "why people hate Voyagers") - there was a single thread for Grand Central for quite a while which worked well and kept information/ debate/ argument in one place.

Why does the WAG train stop at so many stations now? It'snot really an express anymore is it. Aside from Prestatyn it does all the normal stations on the coast.

Maybe the question should be "why does the WAG service stop at so many small stations on the north Wales coast but not at bigger stations further south like Hereford"?

SprinterMan

Established Member
Maybe the question should be "why does the WAG service stop at so many small stations on the north Wales coast but not at bigger stations further south like Hereford"?

It does now stop at Hereford though. Would you like me to email you a copy of the new TTs that ATW just took down due to their error-filled content?

Michael.Y

Established Member
It does now stop at Hereford though. Would you like me to email you a copy of the new TTs that ATW just took down due to their error-filled content?

Unless you are keeping them for some kind of spotter novelty value, I'd just delete them. They're obviously useless and having been taken down may not portray an accurate picture of what to expect in September.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Unless you are keeping them for some kind of spotter novelty value, I'd just delete them. They're obviously useless and having been taken down may not portray an accurate picture of what to expect in September.

I will delete them when ATW put up the corrected new ones, but until then they are all we have to work out what the hell is going on in september :P

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I'd be happy with that (and a general thread for a few other "regular" topics, like Pacer replacement and "why people hate Voyagers") - there was a single thread for Grand Central for quite a while which worked well and kept information/ debate/ argument in one place.

What I have done is put a post on the WAG Express thread suggesting that any further posts go onto this thread as it is now part of a bigger picture.

SprinterMan

Established Member
And you need to know right now this minute because....?

Because I have journeys to book around them that need to be booked a long way in advance to get a cheap ticket price. Does it matter?

Well its after T-12 weeks so they are in breach if they are not advertising their September public timetables now... That said ATW wouldn't be the only ones!!

Indeed so, although not everyone is doing a September change, some are only doing a December one this year.

Last edited:

Michael.Y

Established Member
Because I have journeys to book around them that need to be booked a long way in advance to get a cheap ticket price. Does it matter?

Well I don't think you should use potentially inaccurate timetables then!

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
The Timetables have been pulled after complaints from stakeholders, WG have told ATW to sort out what is happening between Chester & Salop with the Birmingham connection which if the pulled timetable is to be believed gives pax for Birmingham a later 30 minutes arrival time by LM connections as the ATW will have left Salop,due to the WAG taking the path of the ATW from Chester.

Plus other major errors spotted and reported to WG Rail Unit & ATW.[/QUOTE]
such as another two hour glaring gap on BH on the up line between Chester & Salop
Timetables with wrong information were , 1/2/4

I understand there are a lot of red faces in the land of leather, so there should be, have ATW never heard of proof reading.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

It was never called an express service,"Gerald Of Wales" Premier class service.
A Few of us called it the Wag Express, as it is paid for by WG.
The intention was to Join Up Wales in the National Plan, calling at one station in each constituency in the North, this will happen in September when Wrexham is visited.
The service was dogged with problems at the start,such as calling Crewe & upsetting some A.Ms who felt left out.
Bob

Last edited:

SprinterMan

Established Member
The Timetables have been pulled after complaints from stakeholders, WG have told ATW to sort out what is happening between Chester & Salop with the Birmingham connection which if the pulled timetable is to be believed gives pax for Birmingham a later 30 minutes arrival time by LM connections as the ATW will have left Salop,due to the WAG taking the path of the ATW from Chester.

Plus other major errors spotted and reported to WG Rail Unit & ATW
such as another two hour glaring gap on BH on the up line between Chester & Salop
Timetables with wrong information were , 1/2/4

I understand there are a lot of red faces in the land of leather, so there should be, have ATW never heard of proof reading.

Oh dear, is there any news on when the corrected ones will be uploaded?

It was never called an express service,"Gerald Of Wales" Premier class service.
A Few of us called it the Wag Express, as it is paid for by WG.
The intention was to Join Up Wales in the National Plan, calling at one station in each constituency in the North, this will happen in September when Wrexham is visited.
The service was dogged with problems at the start,such as calling Crewe & upsetting some A.Ms who felt left out.
Bob
Oh right thanks :)

merlodlliw

Established Member
Oh dear, is there any news on when the corrected ones will be uploaded?

No idea, but the press have got hold of it, Daily Post North East Wales Edition reporter is asking what's going on. Be interesting to know what ATW press office says about the timetables being pulled off the net

Bob

Last edited:

SprinterMan

Established Member
No idea, but the press have got hold of it, Daily Post North East Wales Edition reporter is asking what's going on. Be interesting to know what ATW press office says about the timetables being pulled off the net

Bob

Will there be an article online about it?
I think there is a formatting error in your post ;)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I was watching Michael Portillo tonight where he refers to George Bradshaw's Guide. He would turn in his grave if he knew!!!.

John55

I was watching Michael Portillo tonight where he refers to George Bradshaw's Guide. He would turn in his grave if he knew!!!.

Isn't this the very reason (apart from making money) why Bradshaw produced his guides/timetables. He would be rubbing his hands with glee!

mgood

Does this mean that there will be no 0755 Chirk to Birmingham service. Its normally v busy both from Gobowen and after Shrewsbury ??

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
As you will have already read you will see that the Timetable is up in limbo so until it is republished I would rather not try and field questions re individual trains. Your query is just one issue in a much larger picture.

kieron

Established Member
I think it'll take a bit longer than that before any standard gauge trains offer first class tickets to Blaenau Ffestiniog.

As you say, a lot of strange things have been claimed about this service. It's just another train...

merlodlliw

Established Member
Mgood This is one of the trains in question and being looked at, it is supposed running Chester/Crewe/Salop/Birmingham to give the Wag Ex a path, a local from Sept replaces it calling at Wrexham/Ruabon/Chirk/Salop, but this new local was shown arriving Salop too late to catch the Birmingham diverted service.
On Bank Holidays when the WAG Ex is in bed,one would have expected the Birmingham to be re routed via Wrexham, but alas this as also been overlooked meaning another two hour gap on the line.
ATW have only themselves to blame by choosing to ignore consultation with local stakeholders, who would have spotted all these errors.[/QUOTE]

I am aware Shropshire & Wrexham County Councils have also lodged objections to WG & ATW about not being consulted on these major changes.
The web edition of yesterdays Daily Post was posted above,the printed edition ran it on the front page directing to page five an entire page on the timetable chaos headed "Rail Stupid"

Last edited:

mgood

Mgood This is one of the trains in question and being looked at, it is supposed running Chester/Crewe/Salop/Birmingham to give the Wag Ex a path, a local from Sept replaces it calling at Wrexham/Ruabon/Chirk/Salop, but this new local was shown arriving Salop too late to catch the Birmingham diverted service.
On Bank Holidays when the WAG Ex is in bed,one would have expected the Birmingham to be re routed via Wrexham, but alas this as also been overlooked meaning another two hour gap on the line.
ATW have only themselves to blame by choosing to ignore consultation with local stakeholders, who would have spotted all these errors.
I am aware Shropshire & Wrexham County Councils have also lodged objections to WG & ATW about not being consulted on these major changes.
The web edition of yesterdays Daily Post was posted above,the printed edition ran it on the front page directing to page five an entire page on the timetable chaos headed "Rail Stupid"

Many thanks for the response - much appreciated. Is it too early to be writing to AM's and MP's about this or should I wait to see what transpires?

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Many thanks for the response - much appreciated. Is it too early to be writing to AM's and MP's about this or should I wait to see what transpires?
May as well wait now. I think ATW have got the message as there are plenty of people on their backs.

Last edited:

Rhydgaled

Established Member
If it ain't broke..

Meddling Minister's folly!!
The new timetable published by ATW was most definately broke. A first class LHCS service with buffet once a day in one direction only. If that was actually correct, which I'm sure it isn't, it would mean an ECS move returning the stock to the origin point ready for the next day. That would an even greater waste of the LHCS stock than having it idle between 10am and 6pm.

merlodlliw

Established Member

After Saturdays Daily Post North East Edition, the A.Ms & M.Ps certainly know about it, many knew before, this is an e mail from a local A.M. to SCRUA & other stakeholders

"Mike B now says “we will be consulting with everybody” and WG states “ATW are required to consult with passenger focus and local authorities about any significant permanent changes.”

Please let me know if such consultations do not now occur before amended timetable published.

Mark Isherwood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.