• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1ller

Established Member
Well that’s my phone interview done.....17 minutes of potential waffle. Hope it’s good enough, although why is it you think of hundreds of things to say after the things over.

This made me smile. After my (face to face) interview with ATW I left the room feeling very positive. Then, with each step I took towards my car, I felt worse and worse. Why didn’t I say this and why did I say that! By the time I got to my car I was feeling pretty lousy and resigned to my fate.

I needn’t have worried though and it turns out I did well. The interviewer had the most dead pan expression and I had no idea how I did.

Do t worry about how you did or what has already been said. Take some time to relax and forget about it now. Then hopefully in a few days you’ll get the news you’re after.

Good luck.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SquarePeg

Hi all - hope the telephone interviews have gone well for those that had them.

I’ve logged into my candidate portal for ATW, just to see if there’s an update on another role I’ve applied for (Trainee Conductor talent pool, figured internally is my best way of achieving my goal!)

Anyway the Trainee Driver position I applied for is still showing there but it’s status has changed from “unsuccessful after shortlisting” to now saying “application update
ref: USLE”

Has anyone else who was unsuccessful on the sift had theirs changed to this? I’m a bit worried as USLE is not far from useless!! Or it could be something mundane like an internal code for unsuccessful after shortlist, as it was originally but has just been updated after time has elapsed.

Scott95

Hi all - hope the telephone interviews have gone well for those that had them.

I’ve logged into my candidate portal for ATW, just to see if there’s an update on another role I’ve applied for (Trainee Conductor talent pool, figured internally is my best way of achieving my goal!)

Anyway the Trainee Driver position I applied for is still showing there but it’s status has changed from “unsuccessful after shortlisting” to now saying “application update
ref: USLE”

Has anyone else who was unsuccessful on the sift had theirs changed to this? I’m a bit worried as USLE is not far from useless!! Or it could be something mundane like an internal code for unsuccessful after shortlist, as it was originally but has just been updated after time has elapsed.

Mine is saying the same mate.

SquarePeg

Thanks mate, reckon it might be a code for unsuccessful lacked examples or unsuccessful lacked experience. Ahh well it’s hard from an office background demonstrating that safety critical stuff. Might need to take up rock climbing as a hobby or something!!

Scott95

Thanks mate, reckon it might be a code for unsuccessful lacked examples or unsuccessful lacked experience. Ahh well it’s hard from an office background demonstrating that safety critical stuff. Might need to take up rock climbing as a hobby or something!!

Yeah, i think its most likely a code their recruitment use, I don't think it would be for experience as I currently perform a very safety critical role on the railway, let's just hope it doesn't mean useless haha :p

SquarePeg

Yeah, i think its most likely a code their recruitment use, I don't think it would be for experience as I currently perform a very safety critical role on the railway, let's just hope it doesn't mean useless haha :p

Yeah with your background I doubt it. Ha ha yeah hopefully not useless or it’s curtains for my Conductor application! Might need to look at the Customer Host role as a way of getting in otherwise. No offence to any hosts!

Dec_10

Nothing for me. My interviewer said I would hear back early next week but I read on this thread someone was told they would hear back today.

seddon

I've had an email invitation to the Face to Face interview early this afternoon but my telephone interview was on Monday.
I'm made up to have got this far but even more nervous now.

seddon

Cheers - I'll post when I hear back.
Best of luck with the interview.
Thanks .
Incidentally. I've just checked my status on the ATW application tracker but it hasn't changed from invitation to telephone interview.

Claudius

I've had an email invitation to the Face to Face interview early this afternoon but my telephone interview was on Monday.

Congratulations mate!! Best of luck :)

not heard anything yet, phone interview for Chester was Tuesday, she explained that it would be early next week.

Potentially certain depots had more applications than others which could mean it takes slightly longer.

Fingers crossed an email pops in to my inbox before 6 inviting me to a face to face. Be a nice start to the weekend

SMR

Congratulations seddon.

SMR

Does anyone have an idea of when the next driver course is planned.
On a different thread, it mentions an ATW conductor course provisionally starting on the 29th of October. Would a conductor course impact on any driver course?

Dec_10

The chap who interviewed me said in October but I can’t remember the specific date.

SMR

The chap who interviewed me said in October but I can’t remember the specific date.
The original date given for assessment day was w/c 3rd or 17th Sept. Considering any successful candidate will need to give 4 weeks notice, October seems a little tight to say the least. In saying that, perhaps they do intend to run simultaneous driver and conductor courses.

Claudius

The original date given for assessment day was w/c 3rd or 17th Sept. Considering any successful candidate will need to give 4 weeks notice, October seems a little tight to say the least. In saying that, perhaps they do intend to run simultaneous driver and conductor courses.
I agree and then to potentially relocate as well seems a right turnaround

Bigndaft

Apart from Seddon (congratulations!) has anyone heard back from the telephone interview yet?

Claudius

Email received inviting me to face to face interview in Chester.

Good luck to all those waiting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.