• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Plodster

Hi everyone new poster and keen to learn from all your experiences
Have 17 months left in the Cops
Just applied for this round having seen the ad at last minute lol
Should I have waited a bit longer with this much time left to go?

Last edited:

Well it depends if you're prepared to leave early if you're successful! The process normally take a few months if you pass all the various stages, but experience has shown it can also take far longer.

Not much help I know, but railway recruitment is a law unto itself!

sw1ller

Established Member

Having spoken with many new starter that are ex police, the general consensus is, the quicker you get on the railway, the better.

Peter B

If it doesn’t affect your pension then go for it. There were a few coppers doing the assessments at the same time as me & were successful. I think one got a course relatively quickly, ie not long after passing everything & the other is I’m the talent pool like myself. The 6 million dollar question is how long you are in the talent pool for, it could be a few weeks to 2 years.

Plodster

Cheers folks. There are so many different experiences reading through the forums and some have waited a long time while others seem to be through and on a course sharpish.
Am I right in thinking that getting into the pool if all went well doesn’t mean a place is guaranteed at the end?

sw1ller

Established Member
Cheers folks. There are so many different experiences reading through the forums and some have waited a long time while others seem to be through and on a course sharpish.
Am I right in thinking that getting into the pool if all went well doesn’t mean a place is guaranteed at the end?

Yes. A pool is no guarantee of a job.

RadioFlyer2

Ill send you an inbox 8-)

richfoz84

Hi all,
Had an email inviting me to interview today
So chuffed been waiting ages!
6th march with intended course start dates in April

Island Dave

Hi all,
Had an email inviting me to interview today
So chuffed been waiting ages!
6th march with intended course start dates in April
Hey richfoz,, would that be Interview or assessment? Im still waiting to hearabout assessment since before Christmas, but if that is what your in for at least he ball is rolling again .

sexyguy3k

Hi all,
First time poster but long time lurker
Has anyone here got driver Assessment on 6th, 7th and 8th March?

Last edited:

LCC106

Established Member
Plodster, I think you need to have made at least 5 posts before you can receive a DM

Island Dave

Hi all,
First time post but long time lurker
Im still waiting for an assessment date , when did they contact you and what depot you down for as it seems they going on depot requirements.

SquarePeg

Hi all - randomly had an email from recruitment asking if I’m still interested and if I’d like a phone interview. Very much out of the blue as I applied and didn’t make it past the sift about 8 months ago now! Wondering if anyone else has had one?

sexyguy3k

Im still waiting for an assessment date , when did they contact you and what depot you down for as it seems they going on depot requirements.
Contacted me on Tuesday this week. I'm in for Cardiff but not sure if they are doing other locations as well

Island Dave

Hi all,
First time poster but long time lurker
Good luck with your assessment, there is a guy on from either crewe/Chester aswell next week.
Im still waiting for a Holyhead slot to come through but at least they are moving forward with assessments again, won’t be long hopefully..

GLENMAYE77

I’d love a phone call.....failed the interview in October but have since passed all the assessments.

TTD85

Hi all - randomly had an email from recruitment asking if I’m still interested and if I’d like a phone interview. Very much out of the blue as I applied and didn’t make it past the sift about 8 months ago now! Wondering if anyone else has had one?
Wow! Which depot?

Joshp17

Well I hope I get that far for sure. On this forum, is there anywhere that breaks down what happens on the TFW assessment day?

I have been practicing the GBT but if there is anything else I can prep for it would be a great help! :)

Have you had any responses from TFW for your application? I believe we applied at the same time for Cardiff.

Joshp17

In Oct last year so been waiting for an assessment date since

Thank you for your response.

Wow that has taken a while.

How long did it take to hear back that you passed the paper sift? Did you have to do an online assessment and phone interview?

If so could you tell me what the online assessment consists of and also what sort of questions did they ask during the phone interview and online assessment?.

Thanks

sexyguy3k

Thank you for your response.

Wow that has taken a while.

How long did it take to hear back that you passed the paper sift? Did you have to do an online assessment and phone interview?

If so could you tell me what the online assessment consists of and also what sort of questions did they ask during the phone interview and online assessment?.

Thanks
Took about a month from application to an email for the next stage which is a phone interview. There are no online assessments for the train driver role

I can't remember the exact questions asked now as it has been a while but I searched this forum for all the questions they could ask and used the STAR mnemonic to give examples

richfoz84

Anyone swatting up for the assessment this week coming..? I have a question re the TRP tests.. if you are can you pm me..?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.