ATW Trainee Train Driver

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by snowdonwhite, 12 Oct 2018.

1. AshDee

AshDee Member

No Manchester, it was done by OPC, I suppose now I need to hope more vacancies come up and I’m successful at getting to assessment again within the next 24months I’m just so mad at myself.

2. Drh78

Drh78 Member

How long does the medical take?

3. Son of Flicka

Son of Flicka Member

Have you had a call for a medical?

4. sw1ller

sw1ller Member

30 minutes

5. ##Coops##

##Coops## Member

Hello folks.

I've had a call today to say there's a course starting on 22nd April for Shrewsbury. Got my medical on 27th March. I passed my assessments in November so hasn't been too long a wait. Hopefully more courses will be announced in the new financial year.

6. Son of Flicka

Son of Flicka Member

Nothing for me yesterday, so I will either expect a call early next week or take it I am not on that course. I would guess the latter.

7. Drh78

Drh78 Member

Sorry for delay. Yes, I had a medical earlier this week and was told they have a course end of April beginning of May time. After reading ##coops## I would like to think I could make that one, but nothing has been offered yet. Passed the medical.

8. RadioFlyer2

RadioFlyer2 Member

How did you get on?

9. Fredytrains

Fredytrains Member

10. Plodster

Plodster Member

Has anyone heard anything from the last round of ads a in Feb?

11. Son of Flicka

Son of Flicka Member

I know 4/5 others that haven't so don't be too disheartened. I think no news is good news this time round.

12. craigybagel

craigybagel Established Member

Indeed, to the best of my knowledge nobody has heard anything from that process yet. The last few adverts have come with a warning that it may take a while for the sift to take place, so I wouldn't worry too much. I could imagine that both HR and the Driver management team who carry out the sifts are very busy at the moment with all the recruitment and training taking place.

13. richfoz84

richfoz84 Member

Unfortunately I failed marginally on two of the tests so didn’t make the multi mogul interview.
    The girls were lovely and told me where I went wrong, one of them I already knew what I’d done.
    Seeing a recent recruitment advert makes me hopeful for another chance after September when the 6 month wait lapses