• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Island Dave

Does any one know if TFW requires assessments pass rate to be enhanced or national standard, also In house or OPC.

craigybagel

Established Member
Does any one know if TFW requires assessments pass rate to be enhanced or national standard, also In house or OPC.

It's done in house - and unlike other TOCs it is done at the end of the recruitment process rather then the beginning (so after phone interview and Driver Manager interview - only a small amount of candidates make it to that stage). I've not had it confirmed for definite but I believe it is done to the enhanced standard.

Robbie88

Passed my medical this afternoon so I'll be starting on the 6th of January in cardiff. Genuinely can't wait to get started. Best early Christmas present I could have wished for.

Fredytrains

Can any one confirm the pass rate for the Group Bourdon Test or where about their personal standard.
Im currently 9-10 rows per page with aproxx 7-10 targets ommited regularly, with none incorrectly marked
Is this enough to pass? I am getting them down slowly but really worried that it wont be enough on the day.
anyone with similar experience or willing to shrare Their own stats..

Last edited:

sw1ller

Established Member
Can any one confirm the pass rate for the Group Bourdon Test or where about their personal standard.
Im currently 9-10 rows per page with aproxx 7-10 targets ommited regularly, with none incorrectly marked
Is this enough to pass? I am getting them down slowly but really worried that it wont be enough on the day.
anyone with similar experience or willing to shrare Their own stats..

don’t want to sound harsh but that’s not even close I’m afraid.

there’s no “passmark” but that would 100% be a fail. Start slowly 2-3 lines per page but no mistakes then gradually get faster. I honestly wouldn’t risk one of your lives with that kind of progress.

Fredytrains

don’t want to sound harsh but that’s not even close I’m afraid.

there’s no “passmark” but that would 100% be a fail. Start slowly 2-3 lines per page but no mistakes then gradually get faster. I honestly wouldn’t risk one of your lives with that kind of progress.
Cheers for that. like i said, only wanted to gauge where I should be only practiced so far a hand full of times , getting lower slowly.. just nice to hear others experiences that have passed recently, and where the benchmark is set for a pass, as so many conflicting stories, I know that im a fair way off, but sometimes nice to hear from others that have been through the mill and got through..

sw1ller

Established Member
Cheers for that. like i said, only wanted to gauge where I should be only practiced so far a hand full of times , getting lower slowly.. just nice to hear others experiences that have passed recently, and where the benchmark is set for a pass, as so many conflicting stories, I know that im a fair way off, but sometimes nice to hear from others that have been through the mill and got through..

Yeah, just keep at it. Some people find it easy, others hard but it’ll come to ya. Just don’t try to be too quick too soon.

oh, 9-10 lines is more than enough. I’d say 1-3 mistakes for all 5 pages may get you through. Wouldn’t wanna go any higher than that though.

Nj82

Passed my medical this afternoon so I'll be starting on the 6th of January in cardiff. Genuinely can't wait to get started. Best early Christmas present I could have wished for.
Well done @Robbie88 - awesome news fella....

Just been mailed re interview for next week so awaiting response now...

What can I expect mate - any hints tips re format and questions would be greatly appreciated!! :)

chmt

Congratulations @Nj82. I not been on for a while since my unsuccessful email for Trainee Train driver. I am aware tho that you were waiting patiently.

Fredytrains

Yeah, just keep at it. Some people find it easy, others hard but it’ll come to ya. Just don’t try to be too quick too soon.

oh, 9-10 lines is more than enough. I’d say 1-3 mistakes for all 5 pages may get you through. Wouldn’t wanna go any higher than that though.
Cheers for the advice, managed 9-10 lines “230-240” cells per page and only 3 omissions 0 incorrect on latest practice. Pleased that its going the right way..

Sidney Robin

I’ve got a F2F interview for trainee driver in Cardiff this week. Would appreciate any advice and tips from anyone who has been through the process recently. Thanks

Island Dave

Can anyone confirm Does TFW carry the DFFT “driver fault finding” during the driver assessment test

Nj82

I’ve got a F2F interview for trainee driver in Cardiff this week. Would appreciate any advice and tips from anyone who has been through the process recently. Thanks
Well done @Sidney Robin and good luck

I’ve also got one this week. Not bad since I originally applied in February

Last edited:

Sheridan

Anyone got an interview coming up who applied for the campaign across the north back at the start of 2019?

Sheridan

Can anyone confirm if TfW do all the assessments in the RSSB guide including the MMI on the same day?

Status
Not open for further replies.