• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sw1ller

Established Member
The holiday question was for next year.. stated what you said above.. can’t afford anyone missing training especially classroom phase..
they asked me what suitable days / dates over the next few weeks for assessment stage in Cardiff..
sorry it wasn’t that clear from my end.

However, They will tell you what dates they will allow leave and the whole group will have the same time off so you get chance to have a break or go on holiday.
Ahh ok, it’s a lenghy corse overall and pre planned holidays are never good. Time off is easily granted after 3 months of classroom work though. Becomes a normal job then regarding holidays. Completely depends on your attitude and drive to how quickly you pass out.

craigybagel

Established Member
Hi there new to the forum , How difficult would you class the assessments craigybagel? Also what format was the assessments followed up , was it a 1 or 2 day assessments.

The assessments are certainly difficult, I was quite drained afterwards - but the practice material that they've already sent you is very good, and the people in the training centre where you do the assessments are lovely, they go out of their way to make the experience as nice as possible.

It's a 1 day assessment, but it takes most of the day. If you're applying for one of the northern depots they'll put you up in a hotel in Cardiff the night before.

Fredytrains

The assessments are certainly difficult, I was quite drained afterwards - but the practice material that they've already sent you is very good, and the people in the training centre where you do the assessments are lovely, they go out of their way to make the experience as nice as possible.

It's a 1 day assessment, but it takes most of the day. If you're applying for one of the northern depots they'll put you up in a hotel in Cardiff the night before.
Thanks for that.. What tests were there for you? as there is a few practice tests in the RSSB material. Different ones for different tocs maybe ? How many of you sat the tests and did everyone pass? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand how it all works as info varies so much on here with different tocs and locations.
I asume TFW have their set tests. Thanks

Last edited:

craigybagel

Established Member
Thanks for that.. What tests were there for you? as there is a few practice tests in the RSSB material. Different ones for different tocs maybe ? How many of you sat the tests and did everyone pass? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand how it all works as info varies so much on here with different tocs and locations.
I asume TFW have their set tests. Thanks

Don't worry about it - if you make it through to testing, they'll make it clear what you need to do and you'll get all the support you need.

choo choo 1

They usually send out e mail responses in the afternoon it seems after 2pm or there about.

Good luck everyone

RadioFlyer2

I'm even more traumatised that I've answered 3 calls from PPI and bloody car crash people and been polite to them just on the very slim off chance that it was TFW :lol::lol::lol: gutted!

Choice

No news yet from Cardiff interviews. Almost 2 weeks waiting now! I was told I'd hear early last week but nothing. I presume they were waiting for all of the other interviews to be done before letting everyone know as the successful candidates will be going to the same assessment days from the sounds of it. Good luck everyone, hopefully we'll hear soon!

Mr Rottweiler

IIRC I believe the interviewers said you can expect to hear back mid-week. I've been keeping an eye on my emails as well today but not expecting anything, it's going to be tomorrow when the sweaty palms kick in!

Status
Not open for further replies.