• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdonwhite

Hey all.....

So out of the blue I received an email from ATW recruitment saying that because of revised recruitment requirements, I have now made the revised shortlist! My telephone interview is this coming Tuesday, which with work does not leave a great deal of time to prepare..... Can anyone give me some idea as to the type of question likely to be asked during the 15 minute interview? Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snowdonwhite

Do you know what the revised recruitment requirements are?
all the email says is "Due to an anticipated increase in recruitment requirements, we have revisited the shortlist for the Trainee Train Driver" - not sure on numbers though.....

Octopus28

I didn’t even receive an email I just saw unsuccessful on the recruitment website haha!

Lendog2012

Hey all.....

So out of the blue I received an email from ATW recruitment saying that because of revised recruitment requirements, I have now made the revised shortlist! My telephone interview is this coming Tuesday, which with work does not leave a great deal of time to prepare..... Can anyone give me some idea as to the type of question likely to be asked during the 15 minute interview? Cheers

Congrats! 2nd chance out of the blue must feel great!

No idea on what they would ask but I would prepare examples and answers around:

Tell me about yourself
Tell me about a time you worked under pressure
Tell me about a time you had to follow strict rules/procedures
Tell me about a time you had a to make a important decision
Tell me about a time you had to communicate important information accurately
Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict (not happy with a decision) and how you dealt with it
Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses
Have you ever worked alone - If so how did you cope/deal with it. If not, how do you feel you would deal with this.
Tell me about a time you had to concentrate for a long period of time
Tell me about a time you worked as apart of team
Tell me about something you are proud that you achieved (what worked well and what didn't)
Tell me about something that didnt go to plan
Tell me about a project you have planned (this can be anything personal or work)

Hope that helps and good luck!!

Speck

Same here. I currently work for amey so will try and get in on this side . I have done my pyscometric and currently a mod driver for the hops train so hopefully that will stand me in good order. Fingers crossed.

snowdonwhite

Tell me about yourself
Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict (not happy with a decision) and how you dealt with it
Have you ever worked alone - If so how did you cope/deal with it. If not, how do you feel you would deal with this.
Tell me about something you are proud that you achieved (what worked well and what didn't)
Tell me about a project you have planned (this can be anything personal or work)

Thanks Lendog - big list to be getting on with!

richfoz84

I applied in August, crap application and was told no. Saw them taking on again with only a 3 day window a few weeks ago so gave it a go, did application properly this time and also have a phone interview on Tuesday too!

Thomasthetank8

I applied in August, crap application and was told no. Saw them taking on again with only a 3 day window a few weeks ago so gave it a go, did application properly this time and also have a phone interview on Tuesday too!
Out of interest, how long was your piece on the reason's for applying section?

richfoz84

Short paragraph about looking for a
Career rather than just a job, wanting a new challenge, & wanting a better work life balance..

sw1ller

Established Member

Tell me about yourself

While this is a good base to work off for the face to face interview, the telephone interview is only about 10-15 minutes long and they want to know what you know of the role and company. What you know of the franchise & routes covered. A little about yourself too. It’s not too in depth, that’s for the main interview.

However, that could all change after tomorrow and any advice given here could be absolute nonsense as it’s a new company. It’s still the same staff doing the interviews so I don’t anticipate any change yet in how they recruit. But you never know.

Kasw

Short paragraph about looking for a
Career rather than just a job, wanting a new challenge, & wanting a better work life balance..

My page and a half of why I thought I'd be good at the job can't have gone down well then!:oops:

richfoz84

My page and a half of why I thought I'd be good at the job can't have gone down well then!:oops:
It’s one of those things mate, I felt I hadn’t put enough after i’d send it.
I just made sure I included everything they mentioned and related it to a scenario and how I’d dealt with it then what the outcome was.. same as my police application years ago

Kasw

I just made sure I included everything they mentioned and related it to a scenario and how I’d dealt with it then what the outcome was.. same as my police application years ago

I tried to do the same, I'll be honest though I gave my police one a lot more time and thought. This one I rushed in fear they'd close the window and I didn't use any specific examples, just a couple of short genetic ones. I'll be prepared from now on incase an opportunity comes up.

BraneSirJin

Anyone heard back from telephone interviews? Had mine, advised next interviews are in Chester if successful.

craigybagel

Established Member

I wouldn't worry - my own page and a half has got me through the sift twice. At long as you haven't waffled but given good examples of why you would be a good candidate it shouldn't rule you out.

Anyone heard back from telephone interviews? Had mine, advised next interviews are in Chester if successful.

They were still doing interviews today so it may take a while longer to hear if you've gotten through.

richfoz84

Had mine yesterday.
Said there will be an email by the end of the week with the outcome.
Website hasn’t updated yet..

RadioFlyer2

Anyone heard back from the telephone interviews yet? I had mine on Tuesday... typically in the 2 years I've had my mobile phone I've never had an issue with it yet the second I answered my phone for this interview the line was shocking we couldn't hear each other and had to resort to her calling me back on the landline it was hurrendous ah well never mind.
Anyone heard back yet?

RadioFlyer2

Are you currently a police officer? Which force if you don't mind me asking? ‍♂️‍♀️

Leavesontrack

Hi all,

first time poster., lurking in the shadows

Well I heard that I was Unsuccessful after telephone interview... gutted.

I froze completley during interview. Panicked, had notes but didnt look at them. Bang goes my chances of a different career.

It was an odd one, the guys interviewing seemed as nervous as me, reading from cue cards esp after 2 days of new franchise. Completley balled it up, forgot to mention key words...

Anyone succesfull?? Any motivating examples that it can be done??

RadioFlyer2

Hi all,

first time poster., lurking in the shadows

Well I heard that I was Unsuccessful after telephone interview... gutted.

I froze completley during interview. Panicked, had notes but didnt look at them. Bang goes my chances of a different career.

Anyone succesfull??
When was your telephone interview? And how did you find out? Was it via email? Today?
I've not heard anything

Status
Not open for further replies.