• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW training 121?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Anyone know if ATW has a 121 in yellow for training purposes at the moment? Saw it near Grangetown recently before it went into Canton. Can't remember its number, but I've got it noted down. Couldn't get a phot of it unfortunately.

This was last week now, I forgot to post it before. Saw someone with a 121 in their avatar, which reminded me.

Hope someone knows what it was. I'll get the number later.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
If it's yellow, it could either be a Severn Tunnel rescue unit moving up from STJ to Canton for maintainence of some description, or a Network Rail 121 rattling around for some reason. I think Arriva's own 121 is still in the workshop.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I doubt they'd be using a NR 121 for the fact surely there would be some differences in cab etc? But who am I to say no?

AlexS

Established Member
Who says they are using it for training? Even though the Network Rail 121s sit at STJ covered up, they will still need to be maintained in order to be ready at a moments notice, and as Cardiff Canton is the nearest big DMU depot, it makes some sense that they could be maintained there.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter, the number was confirmed in TR:UK 51, 977968 is the number. It's been sighted on the Coryton line on Sundays as well as the Vale of Glamorgan (where I saw it), on the VoG private line and more. ATW's 121 is photted in the magazine, and I am 100% sure I saw a 121 or other first-gen vehicle just outside the stock shed at Crewe on Friday. But even if I have, I'll tick it off when it reaches Canton.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Doesn't matter, the number was confirmed in TR:UK 51, 977968 is the number. It's been sighted on the Coryton line on Sundays as well as the Vale of Glamorgan (where I saw it), on the VoG private line and more. ATW's 121 is photted in the magazine, and I am 100% sure I saw a 121 or other first-gen vehicle just outside the stock shed at Crewe on Friday. But even if I have, I'll tick it off when it reaches Canton.

*prays it does reach canton*

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It shall reach Canton for service in April. Progress was good from the shot in TR:UK, so I'd imagine it'll storm down the Marches line soon enough, next 4 weeks anyway. I'll have to try and phot that!

Status
Not open for further replies.