• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

August Bank Holiday Engineering Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskra

Established Member
I’m looking to travel from Leeds (or possibly Carlisle) to Fort William on August Bank Holiday. Currently booking engines aren’t liking this journey as there is uncertainty around engineering works over that weekend.

1) Does anyone know when the engineering schedules are finalised and normal ticket sales start?
2) Does anyone know which lines will be affected? Avoiding them entirely would be good.

We have our Caledonian Sleeper return journey booked already, it’s just getting there on the Saturday that is challenging at the moment. I don’t mind if it ends up costing more, but I’m travelling with my partner and climbing Ben Nevis the next day so don’t need a nightmare journey on this one.

I’m aware that there is a strong possibility of strike action that weekend, in which case we will just drive.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.