• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Auntie beeb wants more cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4328514.stm

What do you think, should the BBC be privatised?
I personally don't think it should, as I like listening to radio & watching TV with no ads, but, instead of the increase, I wouldn't object to a few banner or ads on the BBC site, or sponsorship of the traffic news or something, I'm sure that'd gain them some dosh, what'd you all think?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

I would like to see the licence fee scrapped,for one they have an unfair advantage over the other broadcasters.

jd

I agree with Mojo - it's good to watch TV without ads (though it can get annoying in long films when you want to go to the toilet or make a drink!).

Tom B

Established Member
Excellent, as the TV license funds the radio :).

Dave A

NO WAY!

The BBC is the best broadcasting company in the world. Its radio can certainly not be beaten and I'd much rather watch programs without adverts!

However, I feel some of the licence money is wasted and should be put to better use or lowered, but scrapping it, is NOT an option, false stop! IMO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.