• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Auto Anouncments - Errors/funny sayings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
The 350 announcer sometimes pauses if there are a lot of stations and the PIS also pauses as well, not sure why. Also the 305 have a female announcer not a male one like the 444 and 450s

Ive noticed that when they work the Tring stoppers. She always says the TED really lound e.g. Hemel hempsTEAD. Also she says Watford jnc like, WATford JNC

Mushroom

The real ones are funny enough without needing to doctor them. After they get boring after an hour or so randomly coming out with safety messages etc.

thefab444

Established Member
:?::?: The station announcements are Phil Sayer or the female one ... the on board announcements are either synthesised by a computer or built in announcements by another voice

I swear the announcements on the 444s are the same as the guy on the stations e.g. "Platform 4 for the 16:02 South West Trains service to London Waterloo, calling at, London Waterloo, only". Then when you get on its the same guy going "Welcome aboard this South West Trains service calling at London Waterloo only".

The female one on the stations is rubbish (you only get her at bigger stations)... "Bladform Foor, for the 10 hundred hours South West Trains service to Poooooolee. Calling at, Clapham Junction, Basingstoke, Michellediva, Winchester, Eastlee, Southampton Airport Parkwy, Southampton Central, Tottttun, Ashurst New Forest, Brockenhurst, New... ... Milton, Christchurch, Powkesdun, Bwanmuth and, Pooooooleee" blah blah blah.

The announcements used by FGW on the 180s are extremely computerised, but the ones used on the Desiros I'm sure are real (thats if the Station Man - Phil Sayer) is.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The female one on the stations is rubbish (you only get her at bigger stations)... "Bladform Foor, for the 10 hundred hours South West Trains service to Poooooolee. ....
Ahh yes, that's the one Julian G used to do a good impression of!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
* Platform 8 for Glasgow Central. I know it says Edinburgh on the displays but it is for Glasgow, I kid you not!
Could that be via the East Coast, and they only mention Edinburgh because it's quicker to get to Glasgow via the West Coast? I wasn't aware they did that, but maybe..?

Coxster

Established Member
The easy way to tell this is doctored.

If you heard this announcement: a) You wouldn't be ready to record it anyway and b) you would probably be wetting yourself with laughter.

Its faked
Not if it had been playing a similar thing throughout the journey. Anyone remember the Anglia meet and the funny tones when leaving Liv. Street? :lol:

Jordy

Established Member
Yes the toilets announcement is mine! Quite how it has got to youtube I dont know...

Jordy

EDIT: No, it was not Maxs idea!!

Derek Kaye

There was a lot of "I'm extremely sorry for the severe delay to this service" at BNS last friday... the 13:xx had been delayed by nearly 2hrs

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I was laughing about the "unfortunate action of Vandals" part! :)

:lol:
What I found funny the other day was on a 185 from Sheffield to Manchester was the auto announcer said 'Shortly arriving at Manchester Picadilly' when we were at least 5 mins outside of Picadilly station! Then the live announcer came on and said 'please disreguard the last announcment, it will be in fact at least another five minutes before we arrive! :lol:

Jordy

Established Member
:lol:
What I found funny the other day was on a 185 from Sheffield to Manchester was the auto announcer said 'Shortly arriving at Manchester Picadilly' when we were at least 5 mins outside of Picadilly station! Then the live announcer came on and said 'please disreguard the last announcment, it will be in fact at least another five minutes before we arrive! :lol:

Yep that always happens, its programmed to say 'we will shortly be arriving at manchester piccadilly' before you've passes Ardwick :shock:

Jordy

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The system seems to have an inbuilt way of dealing with things. When I was at Bristol Temple Meads the other month, my train went from being 29 mins late to 30 mins late, the first announcement had her being "sorry for the delay" to "very sorry for the extreme delay" in the second.

Sprog

Established Member
the 'vandals' bit was put in as part of an upgrade i beleive.

Its the same as the new (well, was new at the time), "May i have your attention please, please do not feed the pidgeons. They are a pest and a health hazard. Thank you", at Bristol Temple Meads.

Jim

Established Member
SWT female "Platform 4 for the 1024, SOUTH WEST TRAINS service to pooooooole, calling at TOTon, Ashurst New Forest, Brockenhurst, New Milton... Pokesdown,,,,,,,,,,, BORNmouth,,,,,,,,,Branksome,,,,,,,,Parkstone & Poooooole" I dunno why she puts long gaps in the Poole Stoppers after Pokesdown, any ideas?

thefab444

Established Member
SWT female "Platform 4 for the 1024, SOUTH WEST TRAINS service to pooooooole, calling at TOTon, Ashurst New Forest, Brockenhurst, New Milton... Pokesdown,,,,,,,,,,, BORNmouth,,,,,,,,,Branksome,,,,,,,,Parkstone & Poooooole" I dunno why she puts long gaps in the Poole Stoppers after Pokesdown, any ideas?

Bladform Forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Nat the Ned

Today at Liskeard that annoying 'Digital Doris', as found on all ex Wessex Trains stations (infact a woman called Ruth from Truro) was announcing that the next bus to depart will be the 13:15 service to Looe, customers are reminded when boarding to mind the gap between the train and the platform edge....

n

Jim

Established Member
I was laughing about the "unfortunate action of Vandals" part! :)

I have never heard that 1 either.

One of the SWT womens best excuses is "This train has been (getting in to a higher voice) delayed due to a tempory fault with the signalling equipment at X. Please listen for further anouncements. (low) We are sorry for the delay to your service"

Status
Not open for further replies.