Automatic logging out on RUK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harlesden, 22 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlesden

Harlesden Member

I was logged on here, saw a question which I wanted to do a little research for, came back to the question 10-15 minutes later, typed my reply, clicked Submit, and got
    "You are not authorized to perform this action. Please refresh the page and log in".
    The fact that the Submit button was there at all indicates I was already logged in.
    Is this a glitch, or does this site really log you out for (apparent) inactivity?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

I find it can sometimes do if I haven't clicked "Remember Me" - Google Chrome has been the worst for it for me

Bear in mind that the Submit button will have been there from the load, you then type your reply and submit it, and which point it refreshes and realises you aren't authorised - the button isn't there realtime.

Usually I have found though that logging back in will still post your post (couldn't think of a better expression) and doesn't tend to lose it as I have sometimes feared it may

4. hairyhandedfool

hairyhandedfool Established Member

There is a time out on a few web forums, the easiest way round this is to tick 'remember me'. I don't quite know the reason for it, but it must be some sort of security feature.

5. Paul Sidorczuk

Paul Sidorczuk Veteran Member

The very best part of rural Cheshire East.
    I tend to see the "Remember Me" box on some of the utilities and telecommunication sites, with a note not to tick that box if using a shared computer.

6. pendolino

pendolino Member

Something to do with cookies I think.

7. HST Power

HST Power Established Member

I've had this before, I find the easiest solution is just to tick 'remember me.'

8. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Your login session expires after 15 Min.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.