• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti compulsory reservations and flexible tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddingdonkey

I'm travelling Huddersfield-Morecambe next Wednesday on an Anytime ticket. For the return, I'm booked on TPE and Northern services, however it may end up being more convenient to take an earlier train home, perhaps starting short at Lancaster - both of which are allowable on an Anytime ticket.

Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but one of the trains that is likely to be of use to me is an Avanti service between Lancaster and Preston, and they apparently have compulsory reservations.

Is it possible to either make a second reservation against a flexible ticket for an alternative service that I might wish to take, given Avanti's requirement for reservations, or is there some mechanism to amend the reservation to a different service at short notice like other TOCs have? Or is my flexible ticket just not really flexible if I need to use an Avanti service?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Avanti are not as strict on having reservations as other operators. Only places they are strict is Glasgow, occasionally Euston & maybe Liverpool (if they are carrying out manual checks).

Just board the first available train from Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.