• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti first class lounge at Euston - current state

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc99

I’m on the highland sleeper next week and am wondering what the situation is with the Avanti lounge at Euston?

the avanti website says it’s only open for takeaway service, so what does that mean? A coffee and packet of biscuits to go? In which case I guess I’d be better just waiting for boarding in the pub!

Also have seen some comments about the highland service boarding later than advertised- is that a thing at the moment?

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blinkbonny

I’m on the highland sleeper next week and am wondering what the situation is with the Avanti lounge at Euston?

the avanti website says it’s only open for takeaway service, so what does that mean? A coffee and packet of biscuits to go? In which case I guess I’d be better just waiting for boarding in the pub!

Also have seen some comments about the highland service boarding later than advertised- is that a thing at the moment?

many thanks
It's not take away service now. You're shown to a table and offered a menu. Basic drinks, biscuits, crisps, etc. which are then brought to you. Alcohol can be bought.

Order what you want up front as I didn't notice anybody been offered a second go. Could always ask I suppose. One cup of coffee at the size served doesn't go very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.