• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti first class meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VT 390

Established Member
Could you not ask for it when the meal comes?
You could ask but they usually bring round a separate trolly with the desserts on after they have served all he mains so there may not be anyone to do this if they are still serving the mains.
I would say it would depend how busy the service is as I have managed the full main and dessert it around 30 minutes before on a quiet service but on a busy service I have known it to take up to an hour.

VT 390

Established Member
I was surprised but pleased that I managed to get the full Meal and Dessert in between Liverpool and Stafford yesterday.

vlad

I was surprised but pleased that I managed to get the full Meal and Dessert in between Liverpool and Stafford yesterday.

How did you manage that?

I did Liverpool to Crewe on Virgin on several occasions and it was rare I even got a tea.

VT 390

Established Member
How did you manage that?

I did Liverpool to Crewe on Virgin on several occasions and it was rare I even got a tea.
They took orders for food about 5 minutes after leaving Liverpool with it being served when passing the Hartford area. Then the dessert was served about 10 minutes before Stafford so I just had time for some.
I think it could depend on which staff are on each service as when Image done a similar journey before I had seen no one until after Runcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.