• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti seat selector on Trainsplit

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
I am finding that coach A doesn't load on the seat selector for Avanti on Trainsplit. Happened a few times, a little circle just spins round and round and the A is greyed out. I looked on the main booking page to see if I should have selected Quiet Coach but there doesn't seem to be any way of specifying that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam Williams

Established Member
Cheers, thanks, I wasn't aware that it was already known about.
No, thanks for the report - they're always appreciated. This one had been flagged by automated monitoring but it's always useful to get user input so that things can be appropriately escalated/prioritised.

I've provided some logs to our supplier so this can be further investigated. In the meantime there's not a lot I can really do unfortunately, since the SeatSelector is not receiving a seat map for the coaches that never load.

trainophile

Established Member
Thanks again, glad you are on the case! It's not a huge inconvenience currently but once trains become busier it would be handy if all coaches could be pre-booked.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
No, I think it still gives a reservation when booking on other websites, but Trainsplit seems to have a problem with it. Of course on other websites you can't currently choose your seat, which for me is the whole point of using Trainsplit.

And the back row of Coach A is the best reason for using a seat selector on Avanti, of course :)

Adam Williams

Established Member
I understand there is now a workaround in place to handle some challenges with the upstream rail industry data. For the services I've tested, this fixes the issue completely.

Could you give some Avanti services another shot @trainophile and let us know how you get on?

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
I understand there is now a workaround in place to handle some challenges with the upstream rail industry data. For the services I've tested, this fixes the issue completely.

Could you give some Avanti services another shot @trainophile and let us know how you get on?

Okay will do...

Okay will do...

Yep, took longer to load than the other coaches but it works now! Thank you so much.

And the back row of Coach A is the best reason for using a seat selector on Avanti, of course :)

Nah, I like A28 - one of the few power socket seats in A and leg room under the luggage rack, unless I have to discretely push someone's suitcase out of the way. Also your own private window blind! Don't you go pinching it now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.