• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Driver - Wolverhampton (17/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielWhitt

Avanti careers posted on their job website from 09.30 today and will only be up for one day. hope this helps anyone

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanielWhitt

One day? Website says until 23rd January?
It was just the information I had from a friend who knew about the listing before it was posted, he said it would go up at 9.30am and be taken down after a day, so far he was 100% right.. it may last til the 23rd, but he said they expected alot of applications and would end up being taken down after a day. I was just trying to help, incase the listing went after a day is all.

Lewlew

"You need to be 20 years old to apply for this role"

Well that rules out a lot of people!

sleeperguy

It was just the information I had from a friend who knew about the listing before it was posted, he said it would go up at 9.30am and be taken down after a day, so far he was 100% right.. it may last til the 23rd, but he said they expected alot of applications and would end up being taken down after a day. I was just trying to help, incase the listing went after a day is all.

Does he have any idea if they'll be recruiting for other depots? I noticed Avanti held an online trainee Q&A the other week which normally happens prior to a recruitment campaign.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Does he have any idea if they'll be recruiting for other depots? I noticed Avanti held an online trainee Q&A the other week which normally happens prior to a recruitment campaign.
I listened to that and yes other depots will be advertised in due course they said

DanielWhitt

Is that particularly high age for a train driver, I'm guess
He only mentioned wolverhampton, apparently, they will be advertising every 6 months for the next two years, if that also helps

gka472l

Other depots are internal application only at the moment....

Birmingham36

Applied for Wolverhampton for this position but while applying a reminder came up saying the vacancy will be closing soon so just about applied before it closes. Good luck to everyone applying and I wonder how many people have applied for this position?

DanielWhitt

As I said this morning, it's been taken down already even though it had a closing date of the 23rd, so it didn't even last a day. Hope people applied in time

Katwag1

Morning. Just out of interest for future reference what did the initial application involve? Was it just details and CV or lots of questions about motivation and experience etc.
Thanks.

DanielWhitt

Morning. Just out of interest for future reference what did the initial application involve? Was it just details and CV or lots of questions about motivation and experience etc.
Thanks.
It was just a CV, a few questions, nothing taxing, and a 950 character box ( 320 word ) as to why you want to work for Avanti, which was about the hardest part (so far)

Dan61

I submitted mine yesterday. Fingers crossed. I uploaded CV and answered why do you want to join Avantim all other questions were generic application form questions nothing about trains or the company.

Dan61

It does seems like they reopened it for someone who may have missed it but knows someone in the know

Jaytrains

Just received an email from avanti asking me to re apply for the trainee train driver position, not sure if anyone else got the same?

I applied back in 2020 but opted out of the assessments because of their mmi structure.

YingYing

Just received an email from avanti asking me to re apply for the trainee train driver position, not sure if anyone else got the same?

I applied back in 2020 but opted out of the assessments because of their mmi structure.
What is their MMI structure, out of interest?

The opening isn't back up on the site, how do they want you to reapply?

Status
Not open for further replies.