• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast 1ZXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Hi all, I’ve noticed there appears to be a number of southbound 1ZXX Avanti services from Glasgow Central today.

The ECS for these works in from Longsight, Polmadie and Edge Hill.

They depart at 10:00, 11:52 and 14:00.

Bizarrely, these can also be booked to travel on as they appear in the booking system. Their calling pattern is non standard as they seem to only call at Carlisle and Preston.

Does anyone know what these are about?

LINKS:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Maybe these are to run fans that haven’t booked trains down to London for the football?
Good shout. I’ve noticed they are running in the empty path of what would be the Glasgow - West Midlands - London service.

They do seem to be very slow though, so i’m assuming they’ll be held at points.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Good shout. I’ve noticed they are running in the empty path of what would be the Glasgow - West Midlands - London service.

They do seem to be very slow though, so i’m assuming they’ll be held at points.
If they are running in paths of trains that stop normally and these don't then clearly they will have pathing time shoved into them.

route101

Established Member
I did wonder if they would be running specials. LNER said they have sold out on Edinburgh to London trains. Didn't think there was that many fans going.

graysquire

I did wonder if they would be running specials. LNER said they have sold out on Edinburgh to London trains. Didn't think there was that many fans going.
Not many have tickets (3k) but that's never stopped the Tartan Army heading south previously! Rumoured to be around 20k heading down.

Scotrail314209

Established Member
Not many have tickets (3k) but that's never stopped the Tartan Army heading south previously! Rumoured to be around 20k heading down.
From what I've seen, LNER are running a few additional trains today at 07:30, 10:03, 13:30 and 18:30 from Edinburgh, with additional Northbound services departing from London Kings Cross at 08:00, 13:00 and 18:30.

The posts about them being sold out has really gone down great on social media.

EDIT: Talking rubbish, turns out those trains were cancelled this morning but were added at short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.