• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Advance Fare Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisdicks

Curious to know when Avanti release the cheapest advance fares (The £30 one way Glasgow Central to London Euston). I know there's the usual "12 weeks" but have seen on their website there's some of these fares beyond that (e.g. mid June).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

But how to get hold of these fares? I was after tickets for 5th June. I looked on several booking sites, which scrupulously wouldn't even countenance such a travel date until Friday 6th March. Even after that date when I could select the date, sites would not offer me the advance fares. I have now managed to book the tickets, at almost the best possible price, even with a booking fee (which I normally try to avoid, but having found the tickets on a site with a fee, I decided to go for it.)

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Curious to know when Avanti release the cheapest advance fares (The £30 one way Glasgow Central to London Euston). I know there's the usual "12 weeks" but have seen on their website there's some of these fares beyond that (e.g. mid June).

Avanti offer a longer booking horizon "up to 24 weeks in advance for weekday journeys and 12 weeks in advance for weekends".
www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/ticket-and-discounts/understanding-tickets/advance

Where TOCs offer a longer booking horizon beyond 12 weeks, it often seems to be the case that other booking sites fail to offer these fares (presumably as they aren't configured to do so).

JBuchananGB

After setting up an alert for 5th June Advance fare, using the Avanti web site, I eventually received an alert on 13th March, which is exactly 12 weeks.

But I had managed to book Advance tickets using a 3rd party, non-TOC booking site almost 13 weeks ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.