• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Family Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisyd

I am trying to book one of these for August, from Manchester Piccadilly to Euston. Out on Thursday 10th, return the following Sunday.

It currently states that the ticket can not be booked as it is not valid on the Sunday train, having read the summary T&Cs on the website I can see nothing mentioning this, just that return must be within a month.

I can book it with return tickets on the Monday, am I correct in assuming that if I book it now for the Monday, I can use it on the Sunday (as that is within a month) or is it train specific?

Also will I be able to change the seat reservations to the Sunday when these become available?

Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The fare only requires reservation in the outward direction, it's valid on the Sunday but as the trains all require reservation and Sunday hasn't been set-up yet, you're not able to buy it. A retailer that will do 'open returns' without specifying a date could sell it. You'd then need to get reservations as you know, which might be easier than changing them...

Status
Not open for further replies.