• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast in late July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to buy tickets from Glasgow to London at the end of July. The National Rail journey planner is currently telling me “No fares available for this journey” and “Train times from Saturday 17 July onwards may not be available and current timetables are subject to change”. Is there another way to buy tickets or how long do I need to wait?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You may have to wait until Friday 4th June to have confirmed timetables for that weekend. Currently the industry is publishing 'finalised' timings around 6 weeks in advance, rather than the 'normal' 12 weeks (it actually hasn't been 12 weeks for quite a long time).

Generally Advance tickets are only being sold on weekends and Bank Holidays from that point (if not later). You can set up an alert on The Trainline here to get an email when Advance tickets start appearing (of course, you may wish to book elsewhere as they charge a booking fee!).

Advance tickets for weekdays are sometimes being sold further in advance than that, where it is established that there are no engineering works or other factors which could require changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.