• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skie

Just been shown a group booking made by a colleague for a large-ish group. He asked for table seats, but instead the group have been given entirely airline style seats and many listed as no view! I checked with railsplits seat selector and there were plenty of table seats still left on that service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
I made an Avanti booking on Trainsplit the other day for two of us, and the system allocated two seats at different ends of the carriage. As I was on Trainsplit I was able to change them, but it makes me wonder what has gone wrong with the background system software.

Hazlehead

Just been shown a group booking made by a colleague for a large-ish group. He asked for table seats, but instead the group have been given entirely airline style seats and many listed as no view! I checked with railsplits seat selector and there were plenty of table seats still left on that service.
What you have to remember is that trains use a similar to an airline style ticket allocation system whereby seats are allocated a particular type of ticket. So yes there may have been table seats available but these are not allocated to the ticket type held. I'd say the majority of passengers when they book a seat tick all the boxes to request a table seat, facing forward, window side with a plug socket. There's about 5 seats in each Std Class pendolino coach that match that so potentially only 35 on an 11 car service that match. And as pointed out these will be allocated different ticket types and also not all seats/are coaches will be reservable

Skie

What you have to remember is that trains use a similar to an airline style ticket allocation system whereby seats are allocated a particular type of ticket. So yes there may have been table seats available but these are not allocated to the ticket type held. I'd say the majority of passengers when they book a seat tick all the boxes to request a table seat, facing forward, window side with a plug socket. There's about 5 seats in each Std Class pendolino coach that match that so potentially only 35 on an 11 car service that match. And as pointed out these will be allocated different ticket types and also not all seats/are coaches will be reservable

I did check the raileasy/ticketsplit seat selector and every table in that coach was free. He managed to get Avantis twitter team to sort it out though, so there were tables available.

Status
Not open for further replies.