• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast - QUALIFIED Drivers - Euston & Wolves (29/07/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tlionhart

And with the way things are with covid and training I'd be thinking very very carefully of taking a 10's thousand of pound pay cut for training when things can change in an instant.

Totally agree! I know someone who joined Avanti just before covid. They’ve done the traction course but still waiting to learn routes!
You maybe on that pay cut for a lot longer than you think…as we know, nothing moves fast on the railway…

RJM

Anyone got the current new starter roster for Euston depot? And what routes & traction do new starters sign when first passing out to be productive?

Haven’t got one to hand, but as far as I know you’ll sign 221’s & 390’s from the off; Euston - Preston, Man Picc via Wilmslow/Stoke, Chester and the West Midlands (Liverpool comes later with link progression if I’m not mistaken) and Wembley. Roster is quite intense, lots of long stints on but you get a week of RD’s every 5-6 weeks.

TTDARL

Haven’t got one to hand, but as far as I know you’ll sign 221’s & 390’s from the off; Euston - Preston, Man Picc via Wilmslow/Stoke, Chester and the West Midlands (Liverpool comes later with link progression if I’m not mistaken) and Wembley. Roster is quite intense, lots of long stints on but you get a week of RD’s every 5-6 weeks.

Many thanks.

Established Member
I drive for Brockwell Park Miniature Railway, spend most of my time in the gift shop but hoping I'll get more time in the seat at Avanti.

From a google search Brockwell Park Miniature Railway still has HSTs. Since you can cope with those, Pendolinos will be a piece of cake :).

Status
Not open for further replies.