• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast rebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmersears

Established Member
390044 has the driving car wraps done:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Carlisle

Established Member
I'm surprised this expense of branding is still going on , who knows if Avanti will even be running it in a years time, considering the losses that must be being incurred.
Maybe the rebranding contract would at this stage be nearly as expensive to cancel as to continue with it. Just a thought

Last edited:

RealTrains07

Established Member

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Upgrade to be done at Ilford Bombardier with the first unit done by the end of July. Most likely 221101 I would say.

hooky3

seems a bit pointless to refurbish these since they’re leaving in the next couple of years. Guess it benefits their next operator. Wish XC would follow suit with their voyagers.

seems a bit pointless to refurbish these since they’re leaving in the next couple of years. Guess it benefits their next operator. Wish XC would follow suit with their voyagers.
They're trying to portray themselves as customer focused, I believe. They're very minor refurbishments, regardless; new vinyls and seat covers.

Domh245

Established Member

Mollman

Established Member
I'm surprised this expense of branding is still going on , who knows if Avanti will even be running it in a years time, considering the losses that must be being incurred.
Remember that the losses are being covered by the government at them moment.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
221101 currently at Polmadie Depot, so it's not currently at Ilford.

All Avanti 221s currently showing either in service, or at their various depots around the Avanti network, not Ilford.

There's a WTT path, operated by ROG, to Ilford on Friday nights, arriving Saturdays at 0143. This coming Saturday has been cancelled (possibly to be replaced by an STP?). The first unit may come down on these, returning on the Thursday WTTs mentioned above.

Energy

Established Member
They are more a refresh with a change of seat covers and vinyls, not too much.

mmh

Established Member
"All lighting will also be replaced with LEDs."

That's a shame, but inevitable I suppose.

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Wandering off a bit, but; someone told me a while back that, when Coach G in the 9-car Pendos. were downclassed, the original first class seats were fitted in the Voyagers. Was this the case? (they certainly look different from the XC ones, but this might just be the leather re-trim).

omnicity4659

I think it's just the photo and the way it's been edited, fairly sure it's still white and grey?

fgwrich

Established Member
Not sure if this has been shown yet, but 221101 now has a grey undercoat and emerald green????? doors:

Looking at the dirt along the bottom of it, I would say that's just the "transition" livery as painted by Virgin (but without their Flowing Silk livery). The doors were painted a rather dark flat grey which seem to look almost blue ish in some photos, green is in others, and grey.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I suppose now is the best time to carry out a Voyager refresh, given the current timetable must leave quite a few voyagers spare every day .

Spare? Journey Check had a Preston to Euston as being formed of a double Voyager today. That's 100% under the juice. So a genuine question and not worth starting its own thread as it'll only apply during the COVID timetable: which diesel service are Avanti not running to free up 221s during these times?

Status
Not open for further replies.